S5: Lightspeed

Opening shot: an overhead view of a museum gallery filled with exhibits. A slow pan from one end to the other reveals a network of laser beams extending in all directions through the space. Evidently, the hour is past closing time, and the security measures have been activated.

Cut to a head-on view of the gallery from the end at which the camera stopped. A small computer console stands here, and Gizmo is lowered into view toward it on a line connected to the central unit on his back.

A quick midair bend puts his hands within reach of the keyboard; extending two of his favorite metal spider legs to brace himself, he types rapidly with his tongue clamped between his teeth. Tilt up to the ceiling, where a tile has been removed so he could make his descent, and where five others are watching intently.

Four are immediately recognizable as Billy Numerous, Jinx, Mammoth, and See-More, but the last cannot be seen too well from this distance. A close-up of the group reveals it to have pale blue-gray skin, pure red eyes, a black-edged, dark blue Batman-style cowl that angles down to cover the forehead and nose, and a virtually expressionless face. This is Kyd Wykkyd, who was among the gathering of villains at the end of "Homecoming."

Jinx: Well, Gizmo?

Gizmo: Pffft! Easy. Security system stinks.

Now he turns back to the computer and types with all ten fingers and both spider legs. After a moment, the camera tilts to frame the screen, on which the following two words appear.

Computer: Access approved.

Gizmo: Check it out.

Pull back as he presses one last key, then cut to a slow overhead pan back along the length of the gallery, starting at his end. One after another, the laser beams all shut down in response to his hacking. Back to him; Jinx drops lightly into view, followed by the other four. Kyd Wykkyd is now seen to wear a gray bodysuit, black tights and gloves, light gray belt, a black cape with blue lining on its inner surface, and black boots.

Jinx: Gold, jewels, priceless artifacts. Way better than the mall. H.I.V.E. Five, rob 'em blind!

Everyone else fans out, Gizmo disconnecting from his line, retracting the spider legs, and zooming ahead on jet thrusters. Cut to a sarcophagus standing against a wall; this is a gallery of Egyptian artifacts, as Mammoth runs up.

The heavy stone lid comes loose in his hands as if it were a paper plate; he throws it aside and examines the mummy within, as well as the elaborate burial garment it wears. While he pulls it loose, See-More adjusts his eye a bit and fires a laser at a glass display case, cutting out a circular section. As See-More removes the piece, Mammoth speaks up.

Mammoth: Hey, See-More.

He holds a garment to his chest.

Mammoth: Does this make me look fat?

See-More: No way, Mammoth. It makes you look rich!

He switches up a dollar sign for this last word, then directs his attention across the way to Kyd Wykkyd, who stands motionless before a case containing a snake scepter.

See-More: Need an eye, Kyd Wykkyd?

A mute shake of the head is the only response he gets. The gray thief lifts one forearm so that the cape touches the glass; this causes it to dematerialize so he can reach in with his other hand and extract the scepter. From here, pan to Billy, hunched over four canopic jars on a row of pedestals.

Billy: Hoo-wee, them's some fancy jars!

He duplicates himself.

Billy 2: I agree. I believe these should be the property of Billy Numerous.