Mad Mod

The episode opens to a brown screen. Robin sits up after a moment with a huge gasp, giving the camera an extreme close-up of his face.

Robin: Huh?

Pull back. This place is a large, partially lit atrium with several balconies running around the walls, as well as paintings hung everywhere. The brown is the polished wood back of the chair he is sitting in. Wrists and ankles are securely bound to it; Robin struggles against the restraints, but cannot get loose. Near him is the shadowy outline of Starfire in a chair of her own. Close-up, panning slowly across. Now the lights have fully come up to show one Titan after another also clamped into chairs.

They are all half-unconscious, but come around with assorted groans, and each has an additional binding: red energy rings at Starfire's wrists, steel straps over Cyborg's chest, a white energy band encircling Raven's, a giant rubber bands on Beast Boy's and Mason entire body was trapped.

Cyborg: What?

Beast Boy: Huh? Am I the only one who has no idea where we are?

Voice: Why, you're right where you belong, my duckies.

Beast Boy gasps upon hearing these words. Cut to the speaker, a man standing at an open set of double doors on one balcony. Light from the other side obscures him for the moment, but a cane can be seen in one hand. This is Mad Mod.

Mad Mod: You're in school!

He leaps onto the banister of a nearby staircase and slides down it, giving the camera a full view of himself. Early forties; red hair in a Beatle cut with muttonchop sideburns; small rectangular sunglasses; sportcoat with the design of the British Union Jack flag; black shirt; white kerchief tied at the neck; white pants; brown shoes with black socks. The cane is topped with a large ruby. Landing near Starfire, he twirls it in one hand.

Mad Mod: That's right, lads and loveys. You're the only students at Mad Mod's Institute for Bratty Teenage Do-Gooders. And it's high time someone taught you sprogs a lesson.

During this last sequence, the floor is seen to be tiled in a black and white checkerboard pattern. White light flares from the ruby as Mad Mod finishes. Cut to a pan across the scared, straining Titans, from Robin to Beast Boy.

Beast Boy: Uh-oh.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

===============================

Mad Mod strolling leisurely toward the camera, the ruby on his cane is blazing. As he nears the Titans, he raises the stick for a swing.

Robin: Titans! Move!

Pan across the others, who are unable to break their bonds; Beast Boy cycles through lizard and cobra forms as he strains against his. Mad Mod is now prancing around at the foot of the stairs and twirling the cane.

Starfire: My starbolts are useless!

Mason: I can't even move.

Mad Mod: Specially designed chairs, love. Can't have your little ninja tactics distract you now, that's why I modded your chair for you to not even move a singular muscle.

Mason: Aren't I special.

Close-up; he leans into Star's face.

Mad Mod: And as well can't have those nasty superpowers disrupting my lecture now, can I?

Robin: Get away from her!

The bizarre Brit straightens up, glances over at Robin, and thrusts the cane into his face. Its ruby flares up anew, more intensely, and Robin recoils from the glare as far as he can.