S2: Titan Rising

-

(Play)
-
Open to a long view of Titans Tower, with the sun setting behind it. Zoom in slowly, then cut to Mason in mid-leap, wearing a tank top, letting his dog tags be shown around his neck, still wearing his suit paints, with his hands wrapped, and wearing aviator shades, he lets out a fierce growl in his throat and one fist pulled back past his head. He swings it forward and nails a flying volleyball; pull back to follow it over a net toward Cyborg and Starfire, on the other side.

A metal-handed bump sends the ball up, and the camera pulls back again to frame the entire court: it is on the Tower's roof, and Beast Boy and Robin is Mason's teammate. Raven is nowhere to be seen for the moment. After a few more volleys, pull back to the edge of the roof. The fifth Titan floats into view, meditating a foot or so above the surface.

Raven: Azarath Metrion Zinthos... Azarath Metrion Zinthos...

Cut to behind her; she faces the sun.

Raven: Azarath Metrion Zinthos...

Back to the court. The ball sails across, but Beast Boy hops up as a kangaroo and kicks it back hard. Starfire flies up to deliver a killer spike, Robin jumps for a counter-move, she slides across to bump, and now Cyborg rushes in for the follow-up.

As the ball descends toward the net, the big man gets ready to spike and suddenly finds himself facing an even bigger green gorilla with the same idea in mind. Beast Boy smashes the ball past both members of the opposition; it hurtles straight toward the back of Raven's head. An instant after he comes down from his jump, he resumes human form and panics.

Beast Boy: Raven, heads up!

The ball continues its flight, but stops dead an inch short of her cranium thanks to an annoyed glance and a bit of telekinesis. Rocketing back toward the four players as she faces forward to resume meditation, it slams into Beast Boy's breadbasket.

Beast Boy: Yow!...Thanks, uh...good save.

Mason looks worriedly at him, then the camera.

Mason: Are you sure you don't want to play, Raven?

Close-up of her face. On the start of the next line, pan slightly to one side, putting the rest of the Titans in view at a distance.

Robin: Yeah, we kinda need even teams.

Starfire: Yes, please, you must volley the ball with us!

Cyborg: Come on! I'll play you with one hand behind my back.

Cut to the five.

Raven: I can't. I have to meditate.

Shrugs all around, after which Cyborg puts his arm back on and they resume the game. Close-up of the ball in Beast Boy's hand; he transforms while raising it to serve, and the camera pulls back to show that he has again become a gorilla. After pounding it ahead, he hits the court and returns to human form, blowing his cool a second time.

Beast Boy: Heads up, again!

The ball zooms toward Raven as before; this time, though, she does not stop it, but instead floats off to one side and lets it continue toward the edge.

Mason, Robin, Beast Boy, Cyborg and Starfire: OH, NO!!

The ball goes into space; cut to a view of the Tower from a couple of stories up, the camera pointing toward the roof, and tilt down to follow the tumbling sphere .It bounces among the rocks and toward the shore. Back to the five players, whose panic gives way to resignation.