S3: Revolution

We open to the full moon hanging in the night sky. Boisterous cheers are heard from ground level as three jets streak past, leaving smoke trails in red, white, and blue.

Tilt down into the streets of Jump City to point at the Titans' favorite pizza hangout; the camera passes a banner marked "4th of July," identifying the cause of the celebration. Happy people are hanging out up and down the block, one kid runs with a sparkler while being chased by another, and every building in sight has a screen mounted near its roof to display an image of the American flag.

Pull back from this last shot to show it on the center screen of a group of nine; the citywide festivities are displayed from various angles on the others. In front of the assembly, Cyborg holds a heaping plate of burgers and hot dogs with Mason wearing his aviator shades and bomber jacket holding a plate of ribs up into view.

Cyborg: The burgers are cheesed, the dogs are hot!

Mason: My family's famous, BBQ ribs are hot and smokin, and the fireworks are about to begin. Man, I love the Fourth of July!

Cut to the other four Titans, on and around the couch in the operations center of Titans Tower: the grid view we just saw was on its window/screen. As usual, Raven is reading.

Starfire: Please. This is a celebration of the month July, or of the number four?

Mason and Cyborg sets the food on the coffee table.

Robin: Neither. It's Independence Day, sorta like America's birthday.

Beast Boy: No cake, and no tea!

As a question mark pops up by Robin's head, Beast Boy pulls down a new scene like a window shade. Blue field, two stuffed animals at a table for a tea party, the number 1492 behind them.

Beast Boy: See, it all started back in 1492 with this tea party, in Boston.

Pan to a caricature of Cyborg, dressed as King George III of England.

Beast Boy: King George, or maybe it was King Norm, anyway...

On the second name, pan to another, young fellow in the regalia; at the end of the line, pan further to King Cyborg, who now holds a steaming teacup.

Beast Boy: ...the British were trying to make the colonists drink all this tea.

Cyborg holds the cup out on the end of this; sight gag: the other Titans, in "Super Deformed" style, regard it warily as Robin clutches a white flag of truce.

Beast Boy: But they were like, "Dude!" "No way! We're sick of nasty, old tea and your crummy, English muffins!"

On the end of this, Beast Boy runs up and dashes the cup away; it, Cyborg, and his crown bounce across the floor. In normal style, Beast Boy pops up in front of the camera and backs up.

Beast Boy: So they decided, "Revolution!"

Back to the operations center. He beams at the camera as Raven slides her chair up nearby Mason's.

Raven: Where'd you learn history? A cereal box?

His face falls.

Beast Boy: What's your point?

Sweat drop on Mason and Raven's temple.

Robin: Okay, the fireworks should be starting in five...

On this line, cut to behind the Titans and tilt up to frame the window/screen, which now shows the five-second countdown that precedes the start of a movie.

Titans: ...Four...

A block of Jump City; the building screens are counting as well.

Titans: ...three... two...