S4: Birthmark

Open to the full moon, partially obscured by clouds in the night sky. Tilt down to an offshore oil rig, the same one that served as the Titans' prison in "Mad Mod", then cut to a close-up of its storage tanks. On the next line, tilt down to frame a piece of apparatus that consists of an enormous glowing sphere flanked by a pair of electrodes.

Current crackles up and down as a man in a form-fitting black suit stands up into view. It is Doctor Light, but he has made a few tweaks to his outfit since his last go-round in "Nevermore"; thick armored gloves, each with a light set in its back, reinforcing chest/shoulder plates, cables connecting him to the setup.

Doctor Light: Once I've drained the energy from fifty thousand barrels of oil, I'll flood the city in never-ending daylight!

The gloves fizzle out as the cables are yanked loose under Raven's control.

Doctor Light: Huh?

Two of Robin's birdarangs hiss toward him; he leaps clear just in time and they slice into the base of his device. Before he can get his feet planted on the glowing sphere, a shot from Cyborg's sonic cannon blasts it into dust. As the smoke clears, he finds all six Titans gathered on a lower platform, ready to mix it up with him one more time.

Robin: You know, Doctor Light, for a guy obsessed with illumination, you're not very bright.

Pan to Raven.

Raven: Next time you're looking to steal something, you might want to pick a target we can't see from our living room.

On the end of this, she steps o.c. and the camera zooms in on Titans Tower, which stands in the distance behind her; the place is literally within sight of home sweet home. Doctor Light's face instantly goes slack in embarrassment as he realizes this mistake.

Doctor Light: Oh. Well, um...

He regains his nerve and fires a pair of blinding blasts from his hands, forcing the group to scatter in all directions. They explode upon impact with the deck plates.

Cyborg: That's a real pretty light show.

He breaks out his cannon.

Cyborg: But sound packs a bigger punch!

On the end of this, cut back to Doctor Light, who creates a bright barrier to stop the burst that comes his way. Once it has been deflected, he hurls back a fierce shot; Cyborg has time for one panicked yell, and in a long shot of the smoking platform, he is blasted off and arcs screaming into the water.

Back to the battle zone, where Starfire moves in, zigzagging to avoid the shots that flash toward her. A steep climb carries her up past his ledge, whereupon she retaliates with a merciless starbolt salvo that leaves the screen full of smoke.

It dissipates to show the target intact within a hemispherical shield, which he takes down with a grin before firing a huge beam from the light bulb on his chest. The Tamaranean takes it in the mush and drops screaming to the platform as Mason and Beast Boy watch from their hiding places.

Mason: We need to draw his fire.

Beast Boy: You got it. Dude, nice pajamas! Do they glow in the dark?

His taunting gives way to a panicked yell and a split-second change into a vampire bat, allowing him to flap away from the blasts that flash down. Doctor Light lets off a cry of his own, tries to cover his head, and shoots again, and Mason takes advantage of the distraction to move in with his battle disks.

A few swings put the walking floodlight off balance for a moment, but he quickly produces a glowing whip and starts to crack away, hitting the disks out his hand. Mason cursed underneath his breath and backs up, before Doctor Light's could go in the offensive, Mason reaches the end of the ledge; he then leaps overhead, kicks the man in the back, and heads back the way he came.