S2: Date with Destiny

Open to a dark pane of glass, which shakes a bit as several pairs of glowing eyes open behind it. Pull back slightly and pan across the area as a voice begins to speak male, but distorted somewhat. The camera movement reveals a dimly lit room and ranks of glass holding pens stuffed with black silhouettes; the whirring sound of many beating wings is heard

Male voice: Patience, my children. Soon, you shall wreak the havoc you crave.

On the end of this line, the speaker comes into view. Standing at a worktable with his back to the camera, he is humanoid, covered with black and white fuzz; two pairs of striated insect wings sprout from his back. This is Killer Moth, working under the illumination provided by an overhead skylight. He is in the basement of a house.

Killer Moth: Soon, I shall have the power I deserve. Soon, the entire city will bow before its new master... Killer Moth!

His head is that of the aforementioned insect, and the fuzz stops short of his abdomen and legs; these are covered with tough gray hide. He laughs madly, but a second voice cuts him off in a heartbeat. This one is young, female, and very petulant. Those of you who watch The Powerpuff Girls regularly, imagine Princess Morebucks at sixteen or so and you have the idea.

Female voice: DADDY!! DAAAADDDDDYYYYY!!

On the second repetition, tilt up quickly through the layers of the house and stop an extreme close-up of the screaming mouth, them pull back to frame her. She is a teenager, blond, wearing pink pajamas and sitting on a bed. The room is done out in the same color, marking it as hers. This is Kitten. Cut to inside the closed door. Killer Moth smashes it open and runs in.

Killer Moth: Daddy's working, Kitten. Can't this wait until--?

Kitten: No! He broke up with me. My stupid ex-boyfriend Fang broke up with me! And now, I don't have a date for the prom!

As she crosses before him, we see that she wears a pink band in her hair to hold it back. A telephone is flung across the room, then a pillow, and then she pulls at her hair and throws herself facedown on the bed with a groan and then starts crying and yelling.

Her father sits down next to her and holds his hand uncertainly out toward her back, not having much of an idea what to do in this crisis. Finally, he comforts her. Through the bedroom window, the sky is seen to be darkening into the purple of early evening.

Killer Moth: Uh...there, there. I'm sure you'll find another date.

Kitten: Prom is tomorrow, Daddy. I don't have time to find another date. So you're gonna find one for me!

On the end of this, her head inflates to jumbo size and his figure shrinks ten or twelve notches as she leans over him. He stands up; the gag ends.

Killer Moth: Now, Kitten, be reasonable! You don't seriously expect me to--

Kitten: And I don't want just anyone. I want someone handsome, and popular, and totally cool. Someone no other girl could get. Someone who'll drive Fang wild with jealousy! I want--

Cut to Mason in mid-leap. He lands neatly in the driver's seat of a black motorcycle whose orange highlights matches him. This is the light cycle Mason's personal mode of transport.

Close-up of a all black helmet held aloft; pull back as he brings it down onto his head. He revs the engine, brings the chopper around in a tearing skid, and speeds toward the camera. Snap to black just as he is about to collide with it.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.