Deep Six

The episode opens to choppy waves roiling in a violent thunderstorm at night. Riding the swells, a freighter sails into view toward the camera. Three crewmen struggle to secure a tarp over a group of several dozen 55-gallon drums; two other such collections have already been covered.

The captain steers the steadiest course possible under the circumstances as waves break on the bow and the wind threatens to pull the sheeting out of the men's hands. Close-up of the drums, showing them to be marked with the universal symbol for radiation hazards. One tips over and rolls away across the deck, but a booted foot comes down to stop it.

Captain: Watch it! Any of that toxic junk goes into the bay, we're all in deep trouble!

The ship is in Jump City Bay, then. There is a flash of lightning during this line, which clears to show a silhouette at the window. Close-up: it is a reptilian figure with glowing yellow eyes, and it lifts a long trident. Back to the deck, where the men are still struggling to get the waste squared away.

There is an explosion from around the corner of the wheelhouse, followed by the walls and windows blowing out. When the dust clears, we are inside the ruined structure; the captain is sprawled on his back, at the feet of the intruder. This is Trident.

Captain: Who...or what are you?

Trident: I am excellence. I am perfection. I am Trident!

On the end of this, a flash from the weapon's points illuminates him fully, with a sorta Creature from the "Black Lagoon" type style. Close-up of the captain, who cries out and shields his eyes from a sudden flare, then pull back. Trident is gone. Now a few waves spill onto the port side, carrying the creature up with them. He holds a large clamp with a cable attached.

Crewman: Hey!

The clamp is attached to the railing, and Trident goes over the side. Pan to starboard, where he immediately climbs onto the deck with an identical device.

Crewman: He's everywhere!

This one is also hooked on, and Trident jumps ship again. The crew barely has time to look toward the stern before seeing him repeating the performance there as well; he glares back at them and leaps back into the water. Staggering and groaning, the captain crosses the wheelhouse and looks out through the hole in its walls. After Trident submerges, the cables on his clampspull taut and start to drag the ship down, stern first. Back to the deck.

Captain: Abandon ship! Abandon ship!

The panicked crew makes to follow this order. Long shot of the freighter, its bow rising higher and higher and finally slipping beneath the waves as a life raft floats by, carrying the captain and crew. The last they see of their vessel is Trident, perched triumphantly atop the prow.

Close-up of his weapon's points as they drop below the surface, then cut to the utterly flabbergasted seafarers, trying to figure out how they lost their ship and a huge consignment of radioactive leftovers in one fell swoop. Pull back to a long shot of their rubber craft bobbing in the maelstrom. A final lightning strike blacks out the screen when it recedes.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

===========================

the exterior of Titans Tower, seen from the level of the water in the bay. It is now the next morning. Tilt down into the depths and fade to black.

Robin: Begin launch sequence.

Fade in to Robin, strapped into a driver's seat wit a steering yoke in front of him. He wears a microphone headset and presses several buttons on a panel.