𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐎

𝗪𝗔𝗥𝗡𝗜𝗡𝗚: 𝗔𝗟𝗖𝗢𝗛𝗢𝗟 𝗔𝗡𝗗 𝗗𝗥𝗨𝗚 𝗨𝗦𝗘, 𝗗𝗢𝗠𝗘𝗦𝗧𝗜𝗖 𝗩𝗜𝗢𝗟𝗘𝗡𝗖𝗘, 𝗦𝗘𝗫𝗨𝗔𝗟 𝗖𝗢𝗡𝗧𝗘𝗡𝗧

𝐌𝐚𝐫𝐜𝐡 𝟐𝐧𝐝, 𝟏𝟗𝟖𝟔. 𝐈𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐚 𝐒𝐮𝐧𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝐚𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐧𝐨𝐨𝐧 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝟐𝟎 𝐝𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐛𝐞𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐢𝐧𝐜𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐧𝐭...

I was sleeping on my stomach, arms under my pillow. I was starting to wake up, but I really did not want to open my eyes. I turned over to my back to get into a more comfortable position. All of a sudden, there was this bright light beaming through my eyelids.

"Son of a...ugh!" I growled, then finally gave in to opening my eyes. I sat up and looked around, witnessing the morning look in my room. Why the fuck are my blinds open? I turned over and stretched my arm out to close them. At the same time, I hear my mom lightly knock on my door.

"Ronnie baby, you up?" I heard her voice from the other side of the door.

"Yeah, ma. I'm up." I responded, laying back down as I rubbed the sleep out of my eyes.

"I'm taking the car. I've got plenty of stuff to do today. You coming to work with me or not?"

"No, I'm just gonna chill here today."

"Okay, sweet pea. Hey, while I'm gone, could you clean up around here for me, please? That'll help me out a lot."

"Sure thing, ma." I could hear her walking away from my door.

"Bye, ma! Love you!" I shouted so she could hear me.

"Bye, baby! I love you more!" And just like that, the sound of the trailer door shuts, and she's gone.

I groan, rubbing my face as I dragged myself out of bed. I lazily made my way to the restroom, where I met with my reflection in the mirror. I need to stop falling asleep with eyeliner on. Fuck. I look like roadkill. I turned the faucet on, bending over and getting my fingers wet then rubbed my damp fingers against my eyes. I cupped some water in my hand then wet my face and rubbed my eyes even more. I opened my eyes and looked in the mirror. It got worse. When I reached for a little towel in the cabinet above the toilet, I stood back in front of the mirror then saw a figure standing behind me but from a distance. I gasped then turned around quickly.

"Woah! Easy there, racoon eyes..." He let a smile creep up on his face as he steps closer with his hands up. I couldn't help but smile back and shove him. It was just Eddie.

"Asshole! You scared the shit out of me. How'd you get in my house?" I asked.

"Easy. Front door was unlocked." I kept smiling. I turned around, returning to trying to take off the black make up that surrounded my eyes. I dampen a cloth and start wiping it off. Once I cleaned up the black stuff around my eyes, I turned the faucet off, tossed the little towel into a basket then turned to face him while leaning against the sink.

"You doing anything today?" He wondered.

Eddie avoided my gaze when he asked his question, now fidgeting with the small chain I put on the wrist part of his leather jacket.

The zipper had broke and I remember when he came to me and tried to have me fix it. He thought that all girls know how to sew and stuff. This girl doesn't but she's pretty good with medical aid so that's not bad. I should just become a nurse or a doctor after I graduate.

But all I did to fix that part of his jacket was use an old broken necklace to seal the zipper part. He liked it because he thought that it looked metal. So I'm happy he was happy with it.