𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐒𝐈𝐗

𝗪𝗔𝗥𝗡𝗜𝗡𝗚: 𝗦𝗨𝗜𝗖𝗜𝗗𝗔𝗟 𝗧𝗛𝗢𝗨𝗚𝗛𝗧𝗦

𝐌𝐚𝐫𝐜𝐡 𝟐𝟔𝐭𝐡, 𝟏𝟗𝟖𝟔. 𝐈𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐚 𝐖𝐞𝐝𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝐚𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐧𝐨𝐨𝐧.

"As many of you may know by now the Roane County line received a call a little after midnight reporting a homicide here on the lake. Officer Callahan here and myself arrived first on the scene. We made our way to the shore of Lover's Lake, about ten yards from that house you see behind me. It was there that we found the victim, and 18 year old senior from Hawkins High, Patrick McKinney...his limbs...his body, was disfigured and similar to the other cases. There was an eyewitness on the scene-"

"Do you think they know we were there?" She asked and I shake my head.

"No, I don't even think Jason knew..." I tell her. We listen further to what Chief Powell has to say.

"We have also identified a person of interest. Eddie Munson. We encourage anyone with information to please come forward. You've got a lot of questions, and I'm going to answer as many as I can. Two o'clock at town hall, where anyone from Hawkins community is welcome. But right now I've got some work to do, and I appreciate your understanding."

Cameron turns the TV off and we sit there, staring at the blank screen.

"Fuck!" I shout, shooting up from the couch as my hands fly into my hair.

"Where-where do you think Eddie's at now?" She wonders, watching as I start pacing back and forth now.

"I don't know..." I growl, pulling at the roots of my hair.

"M-Maybe we could find him before they do. Yeah, we-we could uh...look around for him again?" She gets up from the couch.

"Where exactly, Cameron? Hm? Where? In the lake? Last time I checked we ain't fucking scuba divers."

"Well, he's obviously not gonna be in the water still...unless he can't swim and drowned. But-but he had to have swam to land and hid somewhere." She assured.

"What's on the other side of the lake?" I asked and she rubs her chin, thinking.

"The woods. Skull Rock. Maybe an abandon cabin or something. He's gotta be there." She says, dropping her hands by her sides.

"Well, let's go to that town hall meeting first. I wanna know what they have to say."

We actually equipped some things first before leaving: our flashlights and walkie-talkies, extra batteries just in case, cigarettes, lighter, and one of her brothers bowie knives she stole from his room. She said it was for protection just in case. Obviously she has her car keys and I have my house key and we had money too.

"You wanna go out and get breakfast first? I'm kinda hungry. I'll pay." She says while slipping her walkie onto the waist band of her pants.

"Sure, let's get going." I slip my boots on and we're leaving her house now.

Cameron and I are cruising, making our way to a diner. When we arrive, we head inside and take a seat at a booth. We ordered some burgers and soda.

"So...you and Eddie..." she starts.

"What about us?"

"We're you two ever like...you know...dating? At least in secret or something?"

"No, we were never dating. Sleeping together, yes. But never really made things official." I sip my soda.

"Mmm, interesting."

"What about you?"

"What about me?"