𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘

𝐌𝐚𝐫𝐜𝐡 𝟑𝟎𝐭𝐡, 𝟏𝟗𝟖𝟔. 𝐈𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐚 𝐒𝐮𝐧𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠.

I immediately woke up from my sleep when I heard someone's steps coming towards the cabin from outside. The sounds of leaves crunching under their feet before they stepped onto the porch and the boards under them creaked. I quickly crawl over to Eddie and sat right next to him on the floor by the couch he remained on this whole time.

I feel lightheaded and my stomach hurts. I haven't eaten these past few days. I should've but I was too worried about Eddie. I was worried about everyone else but myself.

The door opens and it's Dustin, Steve, Nancy, and Robin. I stare at them as they walk over, greeting me.

"Wha...why're y'all here?" I slurred, confused.

"We're here to get you and Eddie outta here, remember?" Steve reminds me.

"How's Eddie doing?" Dustin asked. I bring a hand up, touching my forehead as I try to comprehend whats happening. I think I woke up to fast. Or maybe because I'm dehydrated and starving.

"He's been asleep." I turn, looking back at him before turning to face Dustin now.

"Are you okay? You look like shit." Steve asked, squatting in front of me. He puts a finger under my chin, lifting my head up and looking at my face.

"Yeah, I feel like shit." Steve moves back as I start moving to get up. Steve gives me a hand and I lean into him a bit before standing on my own. I get lightheaded again as I got up too fast, swaying side to side while placing my hand on Steves's shoulder. He looks at me with a worried expression.

"Have you eaten?" Nancy asked, looking around before she sees the bags. The food was scattered on the floor, unopened.

"I'm fine. Could we just get outta here, pl-"

"Shit!" I hear Steve shout.

Then everything suddenly went black. My head was hurting. I think I hit it on the floor when I fell. My eyes slowly fluttered open as I was in a bed now. I was somewhere else. I turn my head, feeling a warm presents next to me. Eddie. I turn my body to face his. I reach a hand up, touching his face. I hear the bedroom door open and Nancy is coming in with a tray of food and a glass of water sitting next to it.

"Oh, perfect. You can eat this while it's warm." I sit up as she walks over, placing it on my lap. I look down at it, then at her.

"You need to eat, Ronnie. Please...for Eddie's sake. You need all the energy you can get." She used the Eddie card on me. Now I really have to eat.

I grab the fork, stabbed at the eggs then brought them to my mouth. Nancy walks over to the TV and turns it on.

"I'll be back in a bit. Stay here." She says and leaves.

I sat there, eating while the news was on. I turned to Eddie, seeing him still asleep. His little snores. I grab a strip of bacon, holding it up to his face. I wave it under his nose. There was no reaction. No response. Nothing still. I turn, dropped the bacon on my plate, and sighed while pouting.

"This is ridiculous already, you know that?" I look at him. I shake my head and turn to watch TV now while grabbing the strip of bacon again and took a bite, chewing on it.

🎉 You've finished reading 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐔𝐍, 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐖𝐀𝐋𝐋, 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐋𝐎𝐖𝐄𝐑, e. munson✔︎ 🎉