𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄

𝐌𝐚𝐫𝐜𝐡 𝟑𝐫𝐝, 𝟏𝟗𝟖𝟔. 𝐈𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐚 𝐌𝐨𝐧𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝟏𝟗 𝐝𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐛𝐞𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐢𝐧𝐜𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐧𝐭...

I was sitting in my first class, leg bouncing up and down as I hand my head laying on my arm while staring out the window. I shouldn't have smoked this morning.

I was pulled out of my staring contest with the tree outside when I hear Jaxx and Kelly start to bicker at each other about something.

"Oh, bite me, McKay." Jaxx kicks her leg from under her desk.

"No thanks, you probably taste like shit." She kicks him back.

"At least I don't smell like it." They started kicking each other back and forth.

They act like children. God, today is going to be a long lazy day.

"Spare me, children. Spare. Me." I say and they stop to look at me with concern expressions.

"You good, Roulette?" Jaxx asked. I lay my head back down on the desk then reach a hand up to take a lash that was laying on his cheek off.

"Make a wish." I say, completely ignoring his question.

He looks at the single lash then at me then back at it before blowing it off my finger.

"What'd you wish for? A boyfriend?" Kelly teased.

"Well, obviously I can't say it or it won't come true, dummy. And why wish for a boyfriend when I already got your dad in my back pocket." Jaxx gives her a shit-eating grin as she gasped. Kelly kicks his leg and he kicks back.

"Fucking dick lover..." "...carpet muncher."

"Is it gonna be like this all day with yall? Because I'm fixin just call it a day and walk out and go on home." I threaten and they got quiet.

"Sorry there, cowgirl." Kelly mumbled as she mocks the way I talked.

"Jesus and his mother Mary-" I run my fingers through my bleached blonde hair.

I grab a strand and look at it. My split and dried ends. I seriously needa hair cut and touch up the roots, maybe even try getting some purple shampoo so it doesn't look orange or yellow. I'll ask Wayne to cut my hair today.

The bell rings and we get up, packing our stuff in our bags and moving to the next class we had.

"Got Mr. Philips class now. See you girls later." Jaxx starts walking off to his other class now as Kelly and I go to ours.

She hooks her arm onto mine as we walked together.

"So, I didn't get to ask how your performance went on Saturday. How was it?"

"Ugh, it was so great. I wish yall coulda came to see us. The crowd loved it. And it was so fun."

"I heard. Well, I'm glad you had fun. Was Jessica there?"

"Yeah, she got drunk again. Oh, I left her band."

"What?" Kelly is pulled back by what I said as she looks at me.

"Why?"

"Because Jessica promised me she wasn't gonna do that shit again and she did it anyways. I don't wanna babysit her anymore, and neither do the girls. We actually all decided we didn't want to be a part of her band. So we all just...left."

"I guess thats good? I dunno, I've never listened to band drama before."

As we walked down the hall, I saw Eddie. He was talking to his friend, Gareth. He turns his head, looking over at me. I looked away and Kelly and I enter our next class together now. I'm mad at him. And don't lie, you would be too if he got you arrested and made you run from the law.