𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑

𝗪𝗔𝗥𝗡𝗜𝗡𝗚: 𝗗𝗥𝗨𝗚 𝗨𝗦𝗘, 𝗗𝗢𝗠𝗘𝗦𝗧𝗜𝗖 𝗩𝗜𝗢𝗟𝗘𝗡𝗖𝗘, 𝗠𝗘𝗡𝗧𝗜𝗢𝗡 𝗢𝗙 𝗦𝗘𝗫𝗨𝗔𝗟 𝗔𝗦𝗦𝗔𝗨𝗟𝗧

𝐌𝐚𝐫𝐜𝐡 𝟒𝐭𝐡, 𝟏𝟗𝟖𝟔. 𝐈𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐚 𝐓𝐮𝐞𝐬𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝟏𝟖 𝐝𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐛𝐞𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐢𝐧𝐜𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐧𝐭...

It was 3 in the morning. I couldn't sleep. I got outta bed and walked into the kitchen, seeing my momma here too.

"Can't sleep?" She wondered and I shake my head while scratching the nape of my neck.

"Yeah, me either." She says while walking over to the fridge. I take a seat at the table while rubbing my left eye as she takes a tube of ice cream out. She gets two spoons and sits down across from me.

Momma gives me a spoon then opens the lid to the ice cream. We both pick at it and eat it.

"You cut your hair?" Momma wondered, pointing her spoon at me. I nod my head.

"Wayne trimmed it for me." I told.

"Looks good. Your ends don't look so dead anymore. Remind me to get some bleach and I'll touch up your roots for you." She says and I only nod my head again.

"Ma, I think I wanna drop outta school."

"What? Why? You're so close to graduating. There is no point in dropping out." She states.

I only shrugged my shoulders, looking down at the ice cream as I pick at it with my spoon.

"I can't stand the people there anymore. I get picked on everyday and it's just exhausting." I explain.

"Well, I really want you to graduate and get the education you need. But if you feel like you know enough and if thats what you truly want then I guess, Ronnie. I'll always love you and support whatever you do, sweetie."

"Thanks for understanding, ma."

"Of course, sweet pea. And I'm always here if you need anything, kay?" She puts her hand on my shoulder, giving it a squeeze. I give her a grin.

I scoop up some ice cream and put it in my mouth.

"So, who's picking on you?"

"Jill Watson."

"Tch, that bitch is still messing with you about old shit?"

"No, she's mad at me cause I'm dating her ex."

"I forgot they dated. But you and Nolan been together for awhile now. How long?"

"A year...almost two..."

"Wow, wasn't expecting it to last that long. I still got a bad feeling about him." She takes a spoon full of ice cream in her mouth. I shrug, not attempting to bother to change her mind about my boyfriend.

If only she knew. If I told her everything. She wouldn't allow him to see me again. She'd probably even kill him.

"I love you, ma." I randomly blurt out. She stares at me as she has her spoon in her mouth.

"I love you more, sweet pea." I give her a broken grin. I get up to put my spoon in the sink.

I step towards her, laying a kiss on the side of her head before telling her 'goodnight' and going to my room. I close the door quietly, locking it then turning and crawling into my bed and pulling the blankets over me. His body turned over behind me, throwing an arm around my waist and pulling me closer. I stared at the wall, not even feeling close to being tired.