𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

𝗪𝗔𝗥𝗡𝗜𝗡𝗚: 𝗗𝗥𝗨𝗚 𝗨𝗦𝗘

𝐌𝐚𝐫𝐜𝐡 𝟏𝟖𝐭𝐡, 𝟏𝟗𝟖𝟔. 𝐈𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐚 𝐓𝐮𝐞𝐬𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝐚𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐧𝐨𝐨𝐧 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝟒 𝐝𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐛𝐞𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐢𝐧𝐜𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐧𝐭...

I sat on the floor in front of the TV, watching a cartoon. I turned my head when I heard the front door unlock and open, seeing daddy walk through the door with stuff in his hands.

"Hey, baby girl." He greets. I move my legs under me to sit on them as a smile grew on my face.

"Hi, daddy." I greeted back.

Daddy walks over to the kitchen dinner table, putting the stuff he had in his hands down before putting out a pack of cigarettes out his pocket. He sits down and starts taking out a cigarette.

"Where's your momma?" He asked with a cigarette between his lips and lighting it.

"Still at work."

"Why ain't you over there at that Munson boy's trailer?"

"I'm old enough to watch myself, daddy. I'm 18 now." I informed.

"Right, right. I'm sorry. I keep forgetting."

There was a moment of silence. I sat there, watching the film as I hear daddy's cigarette burn.

"Y'know he likes you, right? He's head over heels for you." I giggle.

"Is he?" Daddy nods his head as smoke leaves his nose like a dragon.

There was another moment of silence before daddy speaks again.

"Why're you dreamin of me again, bunny? Havin a hard time?" I turn my head to look over at him, seeing him get up and slowly step over to me.

Daddy's figure stands in front of me, towering over me as I remained on the floor, looking up at him. He squats down to my level and brings a hand to my face, moving my hair out the way to get a good look at me.

"What's up, turkey butt." He pinched my nose between his middle and ring finger. I giggle while pushing his hand away.

"I dunno...just wish you were here but...not him."

"You wish I was your reality?" I nod my head.

Daddy moves his hand under my chin, tilting my head up and looked into my eyes.

"God, look at you. You're just as beautiful as your mother, you know that?" I shake my head while smiling.

"My little girl...all grown up. Will you always be my little girl, bunny?" I nod my head.

"Good. You know I love you, right? You're my world. And I'd do anything for you, baby." I feel his thumb run along my jaw back and forth as he kept his hand under my chin.

"Could I hug you?" I asked.

"Of course, baby girl. C'mere." He moves his hand away from my head and spreads his arms out.

I jumped at him, clinging onto him as I closed my eyes and inhaled his cigarette smell. I held on tightly to him, afraid that if I let go, I would ever see him again. I know I won't. Eventually I'll have to wake up. But for now, I just want him to hold me.

"I love you, bunny." He whispers into my hair while petting it. I rested my my chin upon his shoulder, closing my eyes as my arms were wrapped tightly around him. I felt his hands on my back, rubbing up and down. It made me relax.