𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄

𝐌𝐚𝐫𝐜𝐡 𝟐𝟗𝐭𝐡, 𝟏𝟗𝟖𝟔. 𝐈𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐚 𝐒𝐚𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠.

"Helloooo?" I drag, releasing the button and waiting for anyone to respond.

"Hello? Hello. Hello. Hello. Hellooooo?" I waited. Nothing. I feel abandoned.

I lay on the floor, letting a despairing sigh out before turning my head and looking over at Eddie's unconscious self. I get back up and crawled over to him. I pull the blankets down, lifted his shirt up, and checked his bandages.

No blood seeping through. They look fine. I look up at him, no reaction. I place my hand over one of the patches. It felt hot. I hope and pray they don't get infected. They can't. I cleaned them so well and bandage them perfectly. They can't get infected and you can't die from them. You can't. I pull his shirt back down and fix the blanket over him.

"I hate you. You fucking piss me off." I shake my head, turning my back to face him as I sit by the couch and cross my arms.

"You know, you're an ass, right?" I turn, looking at his face.

"God, I'm sorry. I didn't mean that." I turn around again and kneel close to him.

I grab a water bottle, opening it. I get my fingertips wet then put them along his lips as they were dry. I get more water on my fingers and rubbed them onto his lips more. He's so pale. I move his hair and kiss his forehead then his eyes. I kiss his cheeks, then his nose. He's as stiff as a bored but his breathing is fine.

"Eddie..." I tap his cheek. Nothing still.

"Hey, Eddie...can you wake up?" I waited and still got nothing out of him.

God, he's dead asleep. He must be so exhausted. He said that he hasn't been able to get a good night's sleep in his letter. Maybe this is the sleep he's been dying to have. I shouldn't say dying.

I sit back down on the ground, blowing a raspberry as I slide my fingers through my hair and tug at my roots. I look around then get up from the floor. Walking over to a broken window, I check the sky, seeing that the sun was close to setting and it was starting to become dim in the cabin. I turn around, walked over to one of the bags, and opened it up. I get some new candles and a lighter. The ones from yesterday finished this morning so I need to place new ones around. I put some new ones in the same spot the old ones melted at. The room was lit enough to see. All I could hear was the sounds of the creaky old floorboards and crickets outside chirping. I kneel next to a bag, looking at the options of food we had. I groan and sit back. I look over at Eddie.

"You know, when Cameron and I were looking for you on the other side of Lover's Lake, we found an abandoned cabin kinda like this. When we went inside, we later learned that it was infested with snakes. I'm pretty sure a snake was on my shoulder or in my hair when we got outta there. It was kinda scary." I chuckled just thinking about it.

"Cameron and I actually did a lot of stuff together when you were...away. Not like that but if it were that way, I think that would make us even. But I'm not that kind of person. She did kiss me but I wasn't interested in her like that. She felt bad about it but I told her that it was fine and that we were both just a mess. I like girls, don't get me wrong. Just not her. She's my best friend. I can't sleep with my best friend-" I pause, looking over at him.

"Well...you don't count. You're different. I mean you are my best friend but...I don't know. You're just different then all my other friends. I don't kiss them. And I don't...have sex with them. I guess you can say that you got special treatment from me." I smile, pushing my hair behind my ears as I bow my head towards my lap.