𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍

𝐌𝐚𝐫𝐜𝐡 𝟏𝟏𝐭𝐡, 𝟏𝟗𝟖𝟔. 𝐈𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐓𝐮𝐞𝐬𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝐚𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐧𝐨𝐨𝐧 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝟏𝟏 𝐝𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐛𝐞𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐢𝐧𝐜𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐧𝐭...

It was after school. I was at home getting ready to see Eddie perform. Due to Cameron being sick and in trouble and Emily being busy with her family, there was no band practice and I didn't really have anyone to hang out with. Kelly and Jaxx were doing their own thing. I think Jaxx said he was meeting up with a guy to go to the movies and Kelly was going to hang out with Mr. Bro and Mr. Dude. Sorry, I mean Tyler and Nick. I still laugh at the way they always say bro and dude.

I was in my restroom, unbinding my arm and looking at the cuts. I let my fingertips hover over them. The first one was already starting to scab but the second one was starting to sting and was red, like it was irritated. I put some cream on it and bind my arm back up. I put a jacket on and begin to leave.

I waited on the porch for Jaxx. I did call him up to ask if he wanted to hang out but thats when he told me about his date. Then I asked if he could give me a right to the Hideout so I could see Eddie perform and he immediately said yes. So now I wait for his arrival.

When he showed up, I walked down my porch and get in his car. Immediately, he was on my ass.

"Mmm, what's that smell? New perfume?" He teases.

"Shut the fuck up and drive." I threaten and he smirks.

"Look at you, all dolled up for your man." He continues.

"Fuck off." I couldn't stop smiling.

"Honestly think you two should date already. I don't even think you two need a talking or seeing each other stage like you two are like way past that." I couldn't help but laugh.

"Like seriously. It's sickening how you two aren't even together." He says while paying attention to the road.

"Well, I broke up with Nolan so..." I peak at Jaxx and once he stops at a red light, he looks over at me, surprised.

"Wait, seriously? You did it?!" I nod my head.

"Oh, that's great! I'm so fucking proud of you, Ronnie. Seriously! You're going to heal now and grow. God, and you won't look as miserable as you always do anymore. Shit, I haven't see you smile as much as you've been doing lately. I really hope you get the happiness you deserve. Really." His hand reaches over to mine, squeezing it. I look at him and grin softly at his words.

"Love you, Jaxx."

"You know I love you too, Ronnie." He smiles and proceeds on driving. We listened to his music, singing along with it until we reached the place.

We hug and say our good lucks before I get out his car and he drives off. I turn and see people entering the bar. I managed to slip in. I look around. It was a nice place. I look over at the stage, seeing them getting set up. I smile from excitement and take a seat at the bar. I see Eddie. God, what a dream he is. When it hit 8 o'clock, that's when Eddie walks up to the mic. He says a few things before they started an intro to one of their songs.

I sat there, watching Eddie. I watched him and his friends play till it was 10.

I didn't watch anyone else but him. How into it he was. How he sang his heart out like I would on those Saturday nights. How he strummed the pick on the guitar strings. The way he shut his eyes. The sweat glistening on his skin. How his long hair would stick to his forehead and neck. How he was huffing, panting. The way he would take a breath and continue on. How he gripped the neck of his guitar and the way his fingers moved swiftly on the strings. His voice so deep. I watched him in his own nature. How natural he was.

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐔𝐍, 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐖𝐀𝐋𝐋, 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐋𝐎𝐖𝐄𝐑, e. munson✔︎जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें