𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐓𝐖𝐎

𝗪𝗔𝗥𝗡𝗜𝗡𝗚: 𝗠𝗨𝗥𝗗𝗘𝗥 𝗔𝗡𝗗 𝗚𝗢𝗥𝗘

𝐌𝐚𝐫𝐜𝐡 𝟐𝟐𝐧𝐝, 𝟏𝟗𝟖𝟔. 𝐈𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐚 𝐒𝐚𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐢𝐧𝐜𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐧𝐭...

I carefully wiggle my way out between Kelly and Jaxx, moving down to the feet of the bed and getting off slowly so I wouldn't wake them. I cover them both with the blanket and tiptoed over to my bag that was on the floor. I hook it onto my shoulder and walk out of the room, making my way through the kitchen but was met with Jaxx's momma.

"Hey, Ronnie...what're you doing up so late?" She asked. I check my watch, then look out through the window. It's 5 in the morning.

"I could ask you the same thing." I say, making her lips curve into a smile as she sets her cup of whatever down. Probably coffee or something.

"Could you give me a ride home?" I asked.

"Sure thing, honey. Lemme just get my shoes and keys." She gets up from the chair, leaving her cup on the dinner table. She fixes her robe as she walks past me and to her room.

"I'll be outside." I tell her and she nods before entering her bedroom.

I make my way toward the front door, stepped outside, and went to stand by the passenger side. Mrs. Murphy comes out of the house with some worn-out purple slippers and her car keys in her hand. She walks over to her car, unlocks it and we get in at the same time. We put our seatbelts on and she starts the car up. I push my hair out of my face, hooking it behind my ears while letting out a sigh as she begins to drive me home.

I can't wait to enter my safe place. My haven. My den. I can't wait to start that same cycle. The cycle where I stay up all night, letting my thoughts keep me up. Let them consume me. Get the best of me. Get to the point where I start crying. And in the daytime, I rest. I sleep to avoid my problems. People. And to just let time pass me by. I let all the motivation in me drain. All my strength just leaves my body as I slowly rot, decaying in my bed. My bed is my favorite place.I lean my head against the car window, watching the streetlights Mrs. Murphy passes by. I close my eyes, letting a sigh out. I didn't realize that I had started drifting to sleep until I felt a hand on my shoulder.

"Hey, you're home." Mrs. Murphy coos to me. I move my head off the window and rub my left eye.

I unbuckle my seatbelt, then open the car door, moving out and about to close it before Mrs. Murphy stops me.

"Ronnie..." She calls out to me, voice full of concern. I turn to face her.

"Yes, Mrs. Murphy?" I sound tired.

"You got a way in?" I reach into my bag, digging around before finding my keys and pulling them out to show her my way in.

"Yup, I'll see you next time. Thank you for taking me home."

"Anytime, bye Ron."

"Bye, Mrs. Murphy." I shut the door, then walk over to my trailer, stepping up the porch while holding my keys up to the door.

I look over at Eddie's trailer. His van is gone. I turn my head back towards my front door, unlocking it. He probably went out. I bet he's at Lover's Lake or Skull Rock, letting some raggedy girl fuck him. There's classic Eddie for you. He is the biggest fucking idiot I know. I open the door and step inside my home. All the lights are off and I could hear momma in the other room snoring. I cautiously close the front door, locking it, then made my way over to my bedroom. I close the door, dropped my bag on the floor along with my keys, and crashed face-first into my bed. So soft and cozy.