𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄

𝗪𝗔𝗥𝗡𝗜𝗡𝗚: 𝗔𝗟𝗖𝗢𝗛𝗢𝗟 𝗔𝗡𝗗 𝗗𝗥𝗨𝗚 𝗨𝗦𝗘, 𝗦𝗘𝗟𝗙 𝗛𝗔𝗥𝗠, 𝗦𝗘𝗫𝗨𝗔𝗟 𝗖𝗢𝗡𝗧𝗘𝗡𝗧

𝐌𝐚𝐫𝐜𝐡 𝟓𝐭𝐡, 𝟏𝟗𝟖𝟔. 𝐈𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐚 𝐖𝐞𝐝𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝐚𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐧𝐨𝐨𝐧 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝟏𝟕 𝐝𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐛𝐞𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐢𝐧𝐜𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐧𝐭...

I was home, getting ready to go to that party Cameron invited me to. When I was done putting some lipstick on, I heard a knock on the trailer door. I fix the robe I was wearing and go to check who it was. First I peaked through the blinds then answered.

"Hi, um...my mom wanted me to give this to you." It was Max, Billy's step sister. Or use to be step sister.

She holds a pie to me and I take it.

"Um, thank you..." I said in a more questioning tone.

"I'm sorry, what is this for exactly?" I wondered.

"My mom heard about the fight. She felt bad and wanted to make you a pie. You know, if you need anyone to talk to, my mom and I are just over there, you know." She points at her trailer.

"Yeah, I know. Thank you."

"No problem. Well, I'll let you go-" She went to walk off but I stop her.

"Wait, um..." She turns around and looks at me.

"You were Billy's step sister, right?"

"Used to be..."

"My boyfriend, Nolan...he used to be his friend. He wasn't always like this, you know." I looked down at the pie.

"Makes sense now...Billy was a bit of an asshole and your boyfriend..."

"Is an absolute asshole too. Yeah, totally agree. I wasn't really that close to Billy but...he was okay, I guess. Nolan didn't really like me talking to his friends."

"He's a jerk. Look, I don't know you that well but you seem like a good person. You shouldn't be with someone who treats you like shit. You don't deserve that." She says and I could only nod my head in agreement.

"Yeah, that's what everyone's been telling me."

"Well, maybe you should listen to everyone."

"Trying...but it ain't easy letting go of someone you used to love." I shrug my shoulders.

"I get that." We both look down.

"Thank you for the pie, Maxine." I gave her a soft grin.

"Just call me Max..." She waits for me to say my name.

"Ronnie...and sure thing, Max. Again, thank you."

"No problem. See you around." She starts walking off.

"See you." I step back to close the door and lock it.

I walk over to the kitchen, putting the pie on the counter. I walked back to the restroom and looked at myself in the mirror. I let out a despairing sigh.

I haven't see Nolan since yesterday. I haven't gotten any calls. None of his friends came by to ask about him to me, which I'm assuming he's probably either complaining about me to them or he's just hanging out with them to stay away from me. Either way it's bad.

Am I really that bad? Am I that exhausting to be around? He hasn't came around because he probably can't stand being around me. He fucking hates my guts. Yet, I still can't get over him. He lives in my head rent free. The words he use to tell me only replay and make me want the old him more. It makes me think that there's hope for him to change. And that maybe I can change him.