𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑

𝗪𝗔𝗥𝗡𝗜𝗡𝗚: 𝗗𝗥𝗨𝗚 𝗨𝗦𝗘

𝐌𝐚𝐫𝐜𝐡 𝟐𝟒𝐭𝐡, 𝟏𝟗𝟖𝟔. 𝐈𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐚 𝐌𝐨𝐧𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠.

I didn't sleep at all this night. Instead, I stayed up looking for my walkie-talkie. When I found it, I checked if the batteries were dead, which they were. I searched all around the house for new ones. Nothing. Don't tell momma but I stole the batteries out of the radio in the restroom. So, all night I've just been lying in bed, letting a million questions flood my mind: what could be waiting for me on channel 6 at 10 o'clock? Does Kelly really think I killed Chrissy? Do other people that think I'm a witch think I killed her?

I sigh while checking my wrist. 9:55. I turn over in my bed then I suddenly hear a car pull up from outside. I get up from bed, going towards my window and peeking through it. I see Max getting out of Steve's car and heading inside her home. Lucas, Dustin and Steve remained in the car. I watch them for a bit before moving to sit on the floor. I check my watch again. 9:58. I hold my knees to my chest, tapping my thumb against my knees. I move to crawl onto my bed, sliding under the covers. I sit up and grab the walkie-talkie, pulling the antenna out then turning it on and twisting the knob. I look at my arm then turn to channel 6. I check the time. It was 9:59 until the time changed to 10 o'clock. Just like Dustin said. I waited, listened.

"Hello?" A familiar voice speaks. My heart sank. I slap my hand over my mouth as I squeeze my eyes tightly. Is this real?

"Hello?" The voice repeats. I feel tears reach the brim of my eyes. I press the button down, having my lip's part. I wanted to talk but I felt myself choking up. I release the button, clearing my throat then press it again.

"H-Hello?" I responded back.

"Oh, my- I-I didn't think you were gonna answer. I thought you were still mad at me for...what I did..."

"We both know I could never stay mad at you."

"I thought it would be different this time. I really hurt you, Ronnie. I-I caused you pain and-and I embarrassed you. I'm...a horrible person."

"You're not horrible...you just don't think before you speak or before you do anything honestly."

"Yeah, you're right."

"I don't think you killed her, just so you know." I bring a hand up to my mouth, picking at the skin on my lips.

"I didn't. I would never do something like that. I liked her."

"What happened?"

"I can't say it. You wouldn't believe me."

"Well, could you at least tell me if you're okay at least? Are you safe? How're you holdin up?"

"Yeah...yeah, I'm..." There was a long pause.

"No...I'm not doing okay. I'm going goddamn crazy over here. I-I just wanna go home. I wanna see Uncle Wayne. I wanna be with you so fucking bad. I can't stop thinking about the things I said to you. I'm really fucking sorry, Ronnie. You didn't deserve that shit from me." I listen to the way his voice crack and the static after he would release the button. He sounded like he wanted to cry.

"Could we just...forget about that for a second like it never happened? I just wanna talk to you. I miss you, Eddie."

"I miss you too. God, I miss hearing your voice say my name." I smile.

"Did you get my message from Dustin?" I wondered.

"Yeah, I did."

"Are we?"