Chapter twelve

I loaded up Red Dawn just in time to hear the announcer call out calf roping. I quickly grabbed my hat and raced into the stands. I jumped into a descent empty seat as I watched men race in and out with their horses.

The announcer called  out Jake Hatch. I sat up a little straighter in my seat as I scooted up. I watched in excitement as Jack's black and white paint Buck pranced into his small box. The cafe was pushed into the cafe shot. Jack placed the leg ties in his mouth while his rope h ing from his hands. He gave it a test twhirl before he looked at the man over at the cafe shoot.

With a simple nod the cow was  realised and the rope containing Jack and his horse was taken away. The little cow raced down the arena as fast as his small legs would but one thing was for sure. Buck was a hell lot faster then that small baby brown cow.

As soon as Jack's rope spun out of his hand it glided around the cafe's neck stopping it in its tracks. Jack jumped off of Buck in a quick movement. With in seconds Jack had that cafe flipped over on its back as his horse started to back up so the cafe didn't move.

Jack shot up from the ground raising up his hands to stop the clock. A huge Ile crossed his face as his black hat rested neatly on his head.

I screamed out his name as he excited the arena. To my surprise he looked up into the stands ans spotted me in an instant. His smile increased and mine just started to form for other reasons.

I got up and raced into the back where our trailers and horses where. Weaving in between bull riders and broncs who are still waiting their turns. As I squeezed in between two bull riders calling out my name I saw Jack talking to a friend. I raced up to him with a huge smile on my face. As I halted next to him he turned and smiled down at me.

"We did it!" He yelled.

Before I knew it my feet where off the ground and a pair of strong arms where wrapped around my waist. I looked down to see Jack smiling like an idiot up at me. I let out a giggle as my feet were placed back down on the ground.

I smiled up at Jack. His solf eyes starred into mine for a couple seconds before the guy Jack was talking to earlier made a fake cough. I stepped back from Jack to spot Travis standing in front of us.

Travis was once a bull rider. He use to run the circuit with my parents. Actually Travis was the whole reason my dad end up finding my mom.

I didn't really like Travis. He was always looking younger women up and down and he always seemed to get his way. From my parents stories Travis was no man for me to be around.

"I see you got your hands full Jack. I'll leave you alone with the Smith's girl." Travis gave me one of those dirty smiles before he walked off from me and Jack.

I let out a breath I had no idea I was holding in. Jack turned and looked down at me with a big smile on his face. I smiled back at him.

"Ready?" He asked. I nodded my head.

Jack smiled one more time at me before he leaned down to kiss my cheek and then lead the way back to our trailer. I raised my hand up to my cheek as a bigger smile crossed my face. I needed to be more careful with this roper.