Chapter Twenty six

"she was my cousin May" I turned fully around to look at Jack.

"She?" My breathing paused as Jack turned his attention away from Matt. His beautiful eyes that I haven't seen in a while finally meeting mine. His brown eyes lighting up with hope and a slight hint of pain.

"The blond that came with me that one day when Matt came here. The one that I teased you about being jealous over? She was my cousin" my frown deepened as I watched Jack move away from the grain bin.

"So you lied?" I stepped away from my horse. I could picture the blond of a bimbo jumping out of Jack's truck.

Did I jump the gun and accuse Jack to fast? Did I let our friendship almost relationship fall because I didn't want to face him? Did I take my mom's warring about Cowboys to literally?

As the questions whizzed by in my head Jack moved a few more steps towards me and Ted Dawn.

"What I said was wrong...god I don't even know what I was thinking" running his hands through his hair Jack took in a breath.

His eyes snapped to mine again as he dared another step. Just seeing them and seeing him slightly uncomfortable made the edges of my lips pull up slightly. 

"So the blond bimbo wasn't, wasn't a buckle bunny?" As my mouth formed the words I couldn't help but chuckle. Did I really avoid a decent person because I let words sting my heart?

You know your heart was raw. You where falling and you thought your neat was being pulled away. A small voice in the back of my head laced together as it reminded me of how I felt before. How my feelings seemed to be played with. I paused before looking back at Matt.

His lips pulled down in a thinking frown while his arms held tight to his chest. His eyes never flickered to me but instead stayed on Jack. Which caused my eyes to turned back to the man at hand.

"So why did you say it?" My eyes searched his from a distance looking for lies. But all I could even find a hint of was hurt. No lies. Everything out on the table this time.

"Cause I wanted to think you liked me enough to get jealous and i thought I could catch you in the act. I don't know because I'm a guy" Jack chuckled as he threw his arms up in the air.

Smiling a true smile at him for the first times in a month made me feel free. I felt relief flood my veins as some kind of  knot that had grown accustom in my heart undid. Now my heart could beat and my lungs could breath with some kind new fresh air.

"Cause you're a guy?" I snorted with a playful eye roll while I heard Matt snort.

Looking out of the corner of my eye I watched Matt shake his head and kick off the stable door. Heaving himself away from the two of us I watch as Matt tended to his horse.

"I'm sorry" the broken voice called for my attention again. Jack stood a foot away trying his best to put on a fake smile. Grinning I nodded my head.

"I don't like liars but..." I paused as I glanced at Jack. Hope crossed every crease in his face as I opened my lips up again.

"But I don't mind to give out second chances" a huge smile crossed both our faces as Jack moved back to the grain bin.

"Good cause I'm done avoiding you" Jack chuckled as he opened up the grain sack. Chuckling I walked pasted him shoving him in the shoulder.

"Wow. A cowboy scared of an innocent girl" stepping into the office Jack followed.

"Have you seen yourself when your mad? With in a hundred yard radius its still not eve safe if your pissed" shaking my head I chuckled again as I looked for Duke's vet bill from two days ago.

"What ever you say Jack" I glanced through my eyelashes to find Jack grinning down at me. His lean, and strong body leaned up against the door frame making me realize how much I missed his presence.

"You know it hon" winking Jack pushed off of the doorframe moving out into the hallway. Pausing slightly with the paper in my hands I watched Jack's retreating body.

Will I regret giving out a second chance?