Chapter Thrity Two

🔺Photo above taken by your own Grace Rogers🔺

Jack was all but jumping out of his skin as he lead me through the barn. His fingers left flames in their awake on my wrist as he weaved his fingers sneakily through mine. Keeping my lips shut I just smiled as I stared at my office door.

Sending Jack a look he just chuckled before placing a ruff hand on the door knob. My nerves pricked with excitement as his smile impossibly grew.

"I really hope you love it" with that he yanked the door handle down and swung it open.

At first nothing seemed out of the ordinary until my eyes dropped to the floor. Next to my desk laid a little bundle of black and white fur chewing on a reindeer squeaky toy. Instantly my heart melted and a small squeal erupted from my throat.

The odd noise caused the pup's ears to shot up and it's beautiful brown eyes to stare up at me with curiosity. It's little tail a went a wagging as I released Jack's hand and went straight to the floor.

The puppy wasted no time as it raced to my lap. It's tiny little body wiggled its way into my arms making me giggle as the pup let it's little pink tongue find my skin. Giggling some more I pulled the puppy closer.

"Ah!!" I squealed as the pup got me by surprise knocking me off balance.

As I laid on the ground giggling like a fool and playing with the puppy's long fur did I remember that I was not alone. Still smiling like a dork I looked over to Jack who stood smiling proudly at the door. His lean, strong frame leaned up against the wooden door frame as he watched me and the puppy interact.

"So who is she?" Moving to my feet and reaching down I scooped up the cute little fur  ball of a dog.

I could tell from her form and looks that she was definitely a boarder collie pup. Her ears stood up proudly but then flopped down at the corners. It was rare for a boarder collie to have that trait but I liked it. Her black fur was stripped with white on her back almost like a zebra. She was strange from the get go but her eyes still generally looked curious and loving. Not being able to help it I pulled the puppy ever more closer to my chest.

"She's who ever you want her to be" Jack pushed off the door frame making the short distance to me and the pup.

Looking up into his eyes I could tell he too had fallen for the puppy. He grabbed her head playfully as he played with her ears making me smile as the pup turned her undivided attention to Jack.

"So I could name her Jas?" Jack nodded at my simple question.

At the new name the pup tried her best to turn her head upside down to look at me. Another giggle escaped my lips before looking back at Jack. His eyes bored back on mine making me smile for a different reason then the puppy.

"Now this isn't my engagement but I do ask that you do me one favor it you want that rodent" Jack teased playfully as he tugged gently at the pup's paw.

My smiles and giggles disappeared at Jack's words. If you want that rodent??? Did I hear him right?

"Wait Jas is mine?" The question almost seemed too simple and I already knew the answer but I couldn't help asking it. Jack nodded smiling back at me.

"So what's the favor?" I gently swayed my weight back and forth not being able to stand still. How bad could this favor actually be? It was Jack and I knew he wouldn't ask anything too unreasonable.

"Go out with me" the request was simple but it surprised me none the less.

Surprised me so much my jaw snapped open and my body froze. After all that we've been through Jack still wanted to date me? I should have saw it and I could if I looked hard enough but it was me we where talking about. A devil when mad and a conclusion jumper.

Smiling though I nodded my head with a shy smile. All of a sudden I lost all confidence and felt like a normal teenage girl who got to talk to her crush.

"Great! Say Friday 6 o'clock?" Again my body froze at his time.

Friday was two days away. Two days to make myself prepared physically let alone mentally. It was silly for me to think I needed to prepare more then a few hours but my stomach was already doing flips in my stomach thinking I could have Jack back the way it was before the blondy came and made me accuse Jack of many things.

"Y..yeah" I shuttered out my response as I set the puppy down.

Her short little white legs sprinted towards her toy. Grabbing it ruffly in her mouth she shook it violently and then pranced off into a corner that she was claiming. Smiling I looked back up to Jack.

"Now how am I suppose to focus?" I joked as I knew all to well the puppy would hog all my attention from bills and adult paper work. Jack chuckled as he stepped towards me.

"You'll figure it out like you always do" his words sent shock waves through my heart as his lips ever so slightly touched my forehead in a delicate kiss.

I froze as those shock waves flowed through my whole body including my cheeks that turned a crisp red. Jack smiled at me one more time before leaving me and the pup alone to do what we needed to do.

Turning on my heels as the door shut firmly behind Jack I turned to the puppy. Jas' eyes turned to me in a look of question making me break out into a smiling.

"Isn't he something"