Twenty five

"I call for a rematch!" Matt hollered as I jumped off of Red Dawn. Laugh broke out between the two of us washing away any of the tension that was left between us.

When the barn was just in sight Matt decided that he would challenge me and Red Dawn to a race. The one thing Matt didn't consider was we were fast turning around barrels, so take away the barrels and where just that much faster. So obviously me and Red Dawn won with just a slight lead ahead of the English pair.  And so far I don't think that settled well with Matt and his ego.

"I'm so going to beat you at something" Matt mumbled behind me as we entered the barn. Chuckling I looked over my shoulder.

"Oh yeah? In what?" I raised an eyebrow while smirking. Meeting my eyes for a moment Matt just grumbled something and then looked away.

"That's what I thought" I chuckled while I clipped Red Dawn into the cross ties.

"You know I think your mom named you wrong" I turned around smiling at Matt.

"Named me wrong?" Shooting Matt a questioning look I pulled off Red Dawn's saddle.

"Yeah. You should have been named sassy pants" Matt followed my lead as we entered the tack room setting the saddles down on the saddle racks.

"Yeah too bad she named me May" rolling my eyes I shoved Matt playfully in the shoulder.

"Yeah too bad" Matt chuckled following me back into the hallway.

"Matt your such a pain in m....EEep!" I squealed as Matt slapped his hand on my ass. Jumping like a cat that got spayed by the hose I turned around. Matt was laughing like a hyena while I sent him a sharp glare.

"While I..."

"While you what?" Matt interrupted me.

His hands somewhere down the line had grabbed my waist pulling me into his chest. Again I felt like I couldn't breath. Like all the air was being taken from my lungs to supply another.

Not knowing what else to do I set my hands on Matt's chest trying to creat a little bit of space.

"Getting hot in here or is it just me?" Matt looked out of the corner of his eye before smirking back at me.

"Matt..." I paused when a cough sounded somewhere behind me. Quickly I jerked out of Matt's arms to find Jack standing awkwardly by the barn door.

A sake of grain placed on his shoulder as he looked between me and Matt. Hurt laced his features as if I had punched him in the gut while when his eyes hit Matt he seemed like a different person. His features no longer hurt but instead pissed and more like a lion ready to kill its prey.

"Didn't mean to disturb the two of you" Jack slammed the sake of grain down in the grain barrel.

I cringed slightly but I did add more space between me and Matt. Something about having Jack see me with Matt made me feel weird. Almost as if I was standing in my high school naked. Just something you never want to experience.

"That's alright Jack. We where just about done" Matt took a step towards me placing his lips on my cheek.

I froze in my spot. My heart pounded against my chest while my mouth slightly opened. I wanted to apologize to Jack and turn around and smack that smirk off of Matt's face that he sent to Jack. Was I some prize animal the two boys both wanted but only one could have? My heart seemed to think so as I felt being pulled apart into two. Finally my body reacted by stepping farther away from Matt. A sharp glare shored from my eyes to Matt.

But neither of the boys looked at me as they sent each other glares. Jack cluched the feed sake while Matt clinched his fist together.

"May I need..."

"Last time I ever heard May talk to you I think she told you off" Matt interrupted Jack before I even could. My gut twisted in uneasiness as I felt out of place now. Their little argument was over me but neither of them cared enough to include me.

"May.."

"Jack what I..." Matt tried to cut him of again but Jack was having none of it.

"May she was my cousin" I paused from walking over to Red Dawn. Looking over my shoulder I saw Jack take in a heaving breath.

Did I hear him right?