Chapter twenty

Cracking my knuckles I started to brush off Duke. I was starting to hate this job if it ment that Red Dawn and my barrel racing carrier would have to suffer. Plus my ego. My ego was in a world of hurting if I was going to have to deal with Matt.

Clicking the clips onto Duke's halter I secured him into the cross ties. Next I went to reach for a brush but I was beat to it. Jumping back slightly I looked up to see Matt who held two brushes and a charming smile.

"I never heard you come in" grabbing one of the brushes I walked back over to Duke.

"Yeah I like the suprised element" I could hear the small chuckle that threatened to lace his words as he went over to Duke's other side.

It was slightly weird for me not to see the person on the other side of the horse. Mostly just becouse I was use to fourteen hands to fifteen hand high horses instead of this sixteen hand high all leg monster. Shaking my head at myself I dug the brush in alittle deeper.

"So what's your riding backround?"The voice hiden by the fur called to me. My eyebrows scrunched up into confusion before I gave Duke a pat.

"Western. I learned english my freshman year. I don't love it but I'll deal with it. But my heart is in the barrles" shrugging my shoulders even though Matt couldn't see I flicked the brush up. Dang this horse was dusty for just being groomed yesterday.

"So barrle racing?" Matt's voice sounded over Duke's back.

"Yeah barrle racing" running my hands down Duke's legs I brushed off the dirt clumps.

"I just don't see what's so great about being almost out of control" I looked up to see Matt starring down at me. He was standing at Duke's head with the brush in his hands. Smiling more to myslef then to him I stood up.

"Barrle racing is like life. It feels out of control but your not. There's excitment becouse of the speed, fear becouse you know your horse can step funny around the barrle and you could have a crash, and anxiety for your time and the next race. I live for it. My heart beats for its need to race like a horse on the track" when my eyes met Matt's he seems slightly taken back but also interested.

"I've never seen it li...."

The slamming of a hay bale onto the barn floor intrupted Matt's words and our starring contest. My eyes snapped towards the bales as a body appeared next to them. Jack. Standing alittle stiffer I looked at him. His eyes moved from the bales to me. A smile tugged at his lips intill his eyes found Matt standing a foot away from me. Down those lips went.

"What are you doing here?" I took the brush from Matt and throw it into the brush bin not far off.

"Your parents hired me since your busy with the rodeo and Duke. But I don't see you doing to much rodeo if you busy with Matt" Jack sent a nasty glare at Matt making me boil slightly. I opened my mouth to say something but Matt beat me to it.

"May can still do the rodeo. Every one needs a break at some piont" I moved my eyes to Matt. He smiled gently at me before shrugging at Duke.

"You can't free a bird from what they love to do. Birds love to fly and so do you. In your own way of course" Matt gave me a half smirk half smile.

"Oh please" I could hear Jack mumble as he picked up the hay bale and left the barn.

My smile dimmed slightly as I watched Jack retreat from me and Matt. My heart seemed to be breaking into two while being stiched back together at the same time. It's hard to explain besides just saying its pure confusion.

"Saddle up Matt"

Hey guys it's your author. I hope your starting to like the new twist I took on this book. I'm so glad I got rid of of the writers block for now. Tell me what you guys think. Vote, comment, wait for the next chapter! ;)

Love in rodeoOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara