Last details

"Oh my God!!" I started pacing back and forth in the white hallway while Jack sat calmly on the hospital bench.

"Their not even named" I all but laughed out as I spun back towards Jack. A rumble of thunder left his beautiful lips as Jack patted the seat next to him.

Running my hands through my hair I plopped myself down on the bench. Laying his arm around my shoulders Jack pulled me into his side.

"You're going to freak out about the twins not being named when there's a miracle happening across the hall from us?" Looking up to Jack I sighed.

"When did you get so smart on talking to me?" I giggled out as I glanced back to the door in front of us.

You could hear Jackie screaming ever so slightly. I could practically see Cory feeling panicky but staying cool and calm for his wife while he held her hand.

My mind slowly started to drift away wondering if one day that could be me and Jack. I didn't want twins but would me and Jack have a future like that?

Glancing down to my hand I started to twirl the promise ring that was given to me a good seven months ago. As far as Jack was concerned this would be our future. A future that I wouldn't mind having in all honesty.

"Talking to you makes me smart" leaning against me Jack placed a small kiss on my cheek. The door swung open with a nurse smiling brightly at me.

"Cory and Jackie would like for you two to come in and meet the new family members" wasting no time I jumped out of my seat and bolted into the door. The nurse jumped out of my way as I barged right into Cory who glared at me.

"Gosh May I'm holding a kid. Cool it" I ignored Cory's words as I glanced at the little blue bundle that slept peacefully in Cory's embrace. It was so tiny and bald that my heart clenched with giddiness.

"May" glancing over to my right I spotted Jackie laying on the hospital bed.

Her face was flush with exhaustion but she too held a bundle of joy. The only difference was that this bundle was pink and her eyes where open. Her perfectly tiny little blue eyes glanced up to me. Taking my hand ever so gently I stroked the baby's head.

"Want to hold her?" Jackie's voice showed more tiredness then her face.

She held the bundle out to me so there was no backing out. I didn't want to hold the thing more out of fear then not wanting to but I grabbed the bundle anyways. Smiling a tight smile I placed the child tightly against my chest as my arm went under its head in support.

"He's a handsome little devil" Jack whispered quietly.

Turning around I spotted Jack holding the little blue bundle. Dirty jeans, a sorta clean shirt and his old boots Jack held the baby just right. A smile so sweet crossed both my face and Jack's as I watched him watched the new born baby carefully. Swaying slightly I couldn't help but giggle gently. Jack glanced up at me with a small smile before looking back at the baby.

"You two need to get married" turning maybe a little too quick with the baby girl in my arms I looked at Cory and Jackie.

"Come on I want a second cousin too kid" Cory walked up to Jack and snagged the little guy out of his arms.

Jack's face heated up a nice shade of red while I'm sure I looked like a fish fresh out of water. Shutting my mouth I shook my head and looked back down at the baby girl.

"Here let me have her" Jackie stretched out her hands for me to place the second bundle of joy in the parent's arms.

"So what are their names?" Jack slowly made it to my side as one of his hands griped my waist.

"Oh well...we where thinking Hunter for the boy after out grandfather May" I nodded my head in approval as Jackie and Cory glanced at each other.

"And I think Taila would be suitable for our baby girl" my smile widened at the mention of a name that I threw out there before. I nodded my head with a smile so big I thought my lips would split.

"I think that's beautiful" Jack's hands slid around my waist as he held me tight to his chest.

Jackie and Cory held their children perfectly. Cory stood like a proud papa next to his wife and all I could do was wish I had a camera right now. Smiling though I knew I'd have enough time to capture their moments on camera.

"You know we've almost been dating for two years?" Jack whispered against my ear. Nodding my head I shrugged.

"And?"

"And Jackie and Cory where together for two years when they were wedded" Jack's statement was true but I could hear that there was something more to all of this.

Cory glanced up at me and Jack but I could tell Cory wasn't looking at me. With a nod of his head I could feel Jack slowly loosen his grip on me. Spinning me around I watched as Jack fiddled around with his hands.

"I know this might not be ideal but this day might as well get better" my eyebrows furrowed as I watched him place his hands in his pockets.

"Look May you know I'm leaving for finals soon and that a good ten days of just doing rodeo and then I got to go help some family for awhile. And I'd love for you to come to all of that but...not as my girlfriend. I'd like you to come as my soon to be wife" my breathing stopped completely as Jack knelt down on his knee.

"May Smith...would you make me the happiest cowboy to live and be my wife?" My heart started to fly against my chest while my whole body knew the answer.

"Of course!" I chocked out as I raced into his chest. Jack barley had enough time to stand his ground as my body molded into his. Everyone in the room chuckled as I kissed him firmly on the lips and stepped back.

"I believe this is yours then" Jack smiled as he slowly opened up a navy blue ring box.

My mouth formed a picture perfect smile as Jack slid off my promise ring and took out the engagement ring. Like my promise ring this one was a horseshoe nail too. The only difference between the two rings is that my promise ring was steel and this engagement ring was sterling silver. I grinned at it and then looked back up at Jack.

"I love you" I whispered gently. Jack grabbed my hands and squeezed them tightly.

"And I love you with all my heart May"

The End