Chapter thirteen

I arrived home thank fully. I jumped out of Jack's truck to get Red Dawn but a stable hand had already bet me to it. I smiled as the young boy took Red Dawn down to the bathing station. I didn't mind when stable hands helped me around but I defiantly didn't like them taking care of my special horses. Except after a show couse I just didn't have the energy for any of that.

"Hey May" I turned around to see Jack had also got out of the truck. I walked over to him.

"I was thinking...You know if you want we could...um...You know" I chuckled as Jack rubbed the back of his neck nervously. Jacks face heated up so I stopped chuckling realizing he really was nervouse.

"Yes Jack I would love to go out with you tomorrow night. Say pick me up at seven?" I figured it was time for me to take the rains. Jack looked surprised for a second then he covered it up.

"Yeah yeah sounds good" he smiled at me before he left to get back in his truck. I laughed quietly to myself before I started my way into my house.

I might have felt alive at the rodeo but slowly my happy spirit was disappearing just like Jack's shitty Chevy driving out of my driveway. I sighed as I pulled the door open. Slipping off my boots I headed into the house farther. I spotted my mom in the kitchen on the computer. Most likely going over money or expenses we r have to pay this month.

"Hey mom" I faced my fears and jumped into the kitchen. My mom's eyes shot up from the computer. A smile crossed her face.

"Hey hon. How was the rodeo?" I walked up behind her giving her a squeeze.

"Good. We got first again" I grabbed an apple. I sat down across from my mom at the table.

"Feel better?" My mom's voice pulled me back to her. I nodded my head thinking again.

I watched a bird fly somewhere outside. Everything was different when I was home. Memories flooded back to me as everything was so firmilar. But at the rodeo....I escaped. Today proved that for me. My horse....red dawn...he was my helper. He kept my mind at ease and my body numb.

"I'm going to go to bed ma" I excused myself and walked up the stairs to my room.

Opening up the wooden door I saw the heeping mess of a place. Clothes, boots, ropes, everything that could be found in a barn was in here. Plus all the normal teenage girl stuff. Sighing I shoved everything off my bed and laid down on my back. Looking up at my white ceiling I let out another sigh.

What was I doing with Jack? He could be just like every other cowboy. Scoop up the girl. Pretend to love her revive her love and then leave. Rip her heart out take a needle and stab it a million times and then hand it back to her. Personally I didn't want anything to deal with my heart coming back to me mangled.

My eyes closed on their own. Sleep taking over me and peace filling my beating heart. I was home. I was safe. I was crazy.

Short chapter but hey at lest I updated right? Sorry for not updating in a whole it's been hell outside of wattpad and my mind is just going crazy with new book ideas. Thanks to  the reads. Promise I'm working on it. Couse I am.