Chapter Thirty Three

🔺Own the shirt above🔺

In one way Friday seemed to take forever to arrive. Yet as I stood in front of my mirror it felt as if Friday had came too fast.

The clock on my night stand flashed a warning of 5:45. I stood in a pair of ripped boot cut jeans and my sports bra. No this isn't what I'm wearing but what I felt like I was going to have to wear if I couldn't figure anything out. Jack had given me no more information about this date, if we're even calling it that, but instead skidded away from the question.

I glared at myself in the mirror before I spotted movement on my bed. Jas was currently having her way with the reindeer squeaky toy as she crunched on the squeaker. Every time she managed to find the squeaker her eyes would twinkle as she'd look at the toy with more curiosity.

Part of me wishes I could be her and not have to worry about my outfit but instead wear my fur everywhere. Wasting my precious minutes I watched Jas toss the toy off the bed. Almost as if she was a fox the little rascal flung herself off the edge with the toy. I couldn't help but laugh at the same time cringe as her body did a somersault to the ground.

But soon my lips turned up for the fact that I might have found what I was actually looking for. Right where Jas had been messing around a white tang top was crinkled. It was one of my older fancier tang tops that I've had forever.

It was a pure white tang top with a razor back. The neck line showed off some of my cleavage in a modest amount. But my favorite part of this tang top was not only its shark bite bottom but the beautiful native stitching on my neckline.

Slipping the shirt over my head I stared back at myself in the mirror. Yanking my blond hair out of my shirt I smiled. The tang top was loss on my frame making me look just a tad bit cuter.

Just as I slipped my fat baby boots on I heard our old beagle ago a barking as a truck horn beeped. Jumping like a cat that got water thrown on it I raced down the steps. Only tripping once at the bottom I finished my sprint to the door. Thankfully my parents where out for the weekend and left yesterday meaning no questions from them.

Taking in a deep breath I reached for the door handle. With one last breath I opened up the door. Spinning around on his heels Jack's hand flew out of his hair. Laughing slightly I walked out and shut the door behind me.

"You look beautiful" Jack's voice came out airy making my face heat up.

Smiling I mumbled a shy thank you and continue towards his truck. Jack was only a few steps behind me as he reached for he truck door before I could. Smiling like a dumbass Jack held the door open for me.

"Wow such a gentlemen" my voice teasing as I moved up in this shitty Chevy.

"I know. Thanks for noticing" he chuckled as he shut the door and made his way to his side.

I took this chance to give Jack a quick look over before he too got in the truck. His dark wrangler jeans hung to his lower half while a nice black button up clung to his nicely built chest. Part of me started to worry over if this was going to be a fancy date but when Jack jumped in the truck I let that worry slip to the back of my mind.

When he got in the engine roared to life making my nerves jump in excitement. The giddiness inside of me was almost unbearable as we pulled out of my drive and headed down the dusty road.

"So where we going?" The question that I've been wanting answered the past couple days tumbled out of my mouth. The corners of Jack's lips curled into a smirk as he sent me a glance.

"You'll see" I slouched down in my seat sending him a raised eyebrow.

"We're not going to the bar again are we?" I slightly teased but slightly hoped this date would have less of me singing and more of us getting to understand each other on a different level. Jack hooted out a laugh as he took a right turn onto another dirt road.

"Come on May. That was a wonderful date. You were amazing" for the second time tonight I could feel warmth spread across my face and I hadn't even been with him for twenty minutes. Nodding I glanced out my window watching the land blur around us.

"It was"