Chapter fifteen

" Since the day they got married
He'd been praying for a little baby boy
Someone he could take fishing
Throw the football, be his pride and joy
He could already see him holding that trophy
Taking his team to state
But when the nurse came in with a little pink blanket
All those big dreams changed

And now, he's wrapped around her finger
She's the center of his whole world
And his heart belongs to that sweet, little, beautiful, wonderful, perfect
All-American girl

Sixteen short years later
She was falling for the senior football star
Before you knew it he was dropping passes
Skipping practice just to spend more time with her"

My comfort zone increasing in size as I went farther in the song. Molly backed out just like I thought she would so I picked American girl by Carrie Underwood. It had high notes and some fun notes but nothing I couldn't handle.

From being a nervous reck the moment I hit the stage I made a 180 turn. With every note my confedentnce grew along with my movement in stage. The stage almost didn't seem to be there anymore as I kept my eyes on Molly and Jack. Jack was beeming with happiness and Molly looked as if she was my own mother. The pride rolling off of her like waves on the ocean. Just glancing at them made my smile increase.

"Now he's wrapped around her finger
She's the center of his whole world
And his heart belongs to that sweet, little, beautiful, wonderful, perfect
All-American girl"

My mouth closing with the last word as a smile split my face. The bar exploded into whistles, laughter, hollers, and claping. Even Jack was yelling. I gave a shy wave to the crowd before stepping back with a small smile of shyness plastered on my face. As soon as I stepped away from the stage Molly and Jack had ganged up on me.

Molly was the first to grab me in a bone crushing hug.

"Oh that's the girl I knew! Uh I knew you could do it with out me!" She pulled me an arms lengths away showing me her dazzling smile. Her whole face light up like the forth of July.

"Damn girl!" Jack came up beside me pulling me into a side ways hug. His lips kissing the top of my head as I turned more into his chest while keeping my eyes on Molly's. I let out a small squeal.

"You got an amazing voice May" I looked up at Jack to see the truth behind his words.

He held a proud smile on his face as he looked at me like I was the truth. And for a moment I forgot about the bar. I forgot about Molly, the singing, the stage, and everything. And for once I relized a bar with open mike singing is a perfect date...this time.

"Thanks" I grinned up at him. Jack's face strung he'd up in confusion.

"For what?" He asked.

"For bring me here" I answered simply. His smile reappearing on his face.

Tonight. Matter how simple the date was it was just enough. It was enough to start off something different. Something beatiful and something just...just different.