𝙞𝙞𝙞.

Despite being right in front of the designated door my heartbeat failed to slow down

Despite being right in front of the designated door my heartbeat failed to slow down. I had practically escaped a near-death experience in that hallway and due to that, became hyperaware of my surroundings each time I passed a corner.

But, I'd made it, and that was what mattered. Sure it took cautiously asking a few staff for directions but the large black door was more than a reward. I let out a knock and was met with a cute girl who opened the door. She gave me a bright smile and stuck her hand out, which I shook.

"Hi I'm Haerin, the head of HYBE's styling department! You're Yoo Jiyeon-ssi right?" I nodded my head eagerly.

"Well come on in!" Her cheery attitude made me become all happy as well. It was almost like my heart wasn't just beating out my chest and nervous sweat was trickling down my forehead only 30 seconds ago.

I allowed her to lead me inside the large room, scanning the other women and men who I assumed were stylists as well. They each seemed to be in their own world yet looked to be completely on task and productive. Not to mention all of their fashion tastes were leaving me intimidated and wondering if my outfit was good enough.

Haerin's abrupt stop and turn brought me out of my thoughts and I looked to her in confusion. She herself was decked out in one of the most girly and expensive outfits I'd ever seen. She was practically showered in Chanel and Vivienne Westwood.

"So this right here will be your new office!" I hadn't even noticed that we stopped in front of an open door but the moment I laid my eyes on the office I internally (and almost externally) squealed.

"The office is plain so that you can decorate and add your personal sparkle! Anyways, today you can just take a self-tour around HYBE to get yourself settled in. I'll send you your schedule via email." And with another bright smile, Haerin was off. I had to admit, I really liked her. Despite only knowing her for these short minutes, she was already so welcoming and kind that it made me even more excited than I already was.

Pushing my excited feelings aside for the moment though, I clutched my bag and exited the styling department.

From what I learned in my first 5 minutes of perusing was that the stylists shared a floor with some of the bigger artist's practice rooms. This was most likely due to the floor being the largest but also the fact that stylists were normally needed for practice videos, some vlogs, and what not. Meaning they always had to be on hand.

I found myself peeking into the empty practice rooms to admire the architecture. This would probably be a trainee's dreamland and it totally would be mine too.

After a few minutes I had passed a few rooms until I walked by the only occupied one. The door was cracked open so I tried my absolute hardest to rush past the door hopefully to avoid any interaction or awkwardness but of course someone shouting my name startled me and I looked into the practice room with shock written all over my face. And scanning the faces of the other people quickly, I could tell they were shocked too.

"HEY YOO JIYEON" As he shouted my name again, I finally realized who was calling me.

"Hosh?" That's when I saw my best friend's figure running up to me only to almost knock me down as he clung onto my bag which was his variation of a hug.

"What are you doing here?" He looked as energetic as always and so I just answered the guy's question despite the countless stares.

"Dumbass it's my first day today." I flicked his forehead as I rolled my eyes. I had ranted to him about this last week yet it still slipped his mind. Or possibly he was doing this for comedic relief? I have no idea anymore, and I most definitely have no interest in finding out.

"Ohhh yeah! Oh my god this means I'll be able to eat lunch with you every day!" At this point, his member's gazes weren't just gazes, they were full on glares, eyeing me up and down. It made sense though, their co-member just started talking to this random girl they had never met before like they knew each other for their whole lives. And in this case, we did know each other our whole lives.

Just as I was about to give Soonyoung one of my favorite comebacks to counteract his annoying positivity, a clearly intentional cough was heard from behind him. They exchanged looks and then the man turned to me.

"Sorry, but who are you?" I was going to answer until my lovely best friend decided to interrupt me and answer his question.

"This is my best friend Yoo Jiyeon!" I gave a small smile and bow after sending a death glare towards Soonyoung. "Oh? You have friends?" The man joked and I of course laughed. I knew I would get along with him well already.

"I'm Seungcheol, or S.coups, SEVENTEEN's leader, nice to meet you." I shook his hand which he held out, sending him a smile.

"Same here. Sorry you had to deal with this knucklehead for over 10 years. I sadly raised him wrong." Yes, yes I was going to say I raised the guy over a year older than me because at this point I honestly did.

"No no, I'm sorry you had to deal with him for the entirety of your life." We both laughed at each other's jokes, deciding to ignore Hoshi's pouts and scoffs.

As the laughter died down, Seungcheol began talking again.

"Would you wanna come in? We're on break right now." I was going to politely decline his offer, but Hoshi nudged me in the side and so I stepped on his foot discreetly. But after our mini brawl I came to a conclusion. Not like I had anything to do anyways.

"You know what? Sure."

a/n!
I hope you guys are enjoying this
story so far!! Also I plan to update at the least every other day but hopefully every day :)

a/n!I hope you guys are enjoying thisstory so far!! Also I plan to update at the least every other day but hopefully every day :)