𝙭𝙞𝙞.

"Look just cause like what happened back there happened that doesn't mean we're friends or anything

"Look just cause like what happened back there happened that doesn't mean we're friends or anything." Yes of course I was still being stubborn. I genuinely didn't want him to think my vulnerability was the gateway to a friendship or anything of that sense. In a while I would warm up to him I knew that but it was too soon i guess.

Plus, Mingyu putting on a mask, black sweatshirt, and cap had only reminded me of the downsides of his job. Already being friends with Soonyoung and hanging out with him was dangerous, adding Mingyu to the equation wouldn't make things any better.

I suddenly went silent as I pondered more about my previous thought but luckily enough for my tendency to horribly overthink, we had reached my apartment door.

"Why did you stop?" I turned to Mingyu who seemed fidgety. "We're here, you can take the mask off don't worry." At my assurance he slightly hesitated but then quickly removed the stuffy black mask and cap before giving me a thumbs up.

After knocking on the door I became confused at the shuffling heard from the other side. Of course the fact that it took a minute for the door to open at all added to my confusion. And yes, I obviously had a key to my fucking apartment but Mingyu and I had decided to let Hyunjae answer when he was ready. Based on the fact he was leaving tomorrow, he was most likely packing his things up and I knew that if I was in his position I would be scared to death by the fact someone could walk in at any given time.

As the door opened I pushed Mingyu to the side and put my finger over my mouth signifying he should shut up for a moment. I didn't want Hyunjae to see him until both he and I were comfortable.

Hyunjae looked surprised to see me and from the corner of my eye I saw him place a piece of paper in his pocket and kick something to the side--it was a suitcase. I closed my eyes to try and collect myself yet when I opened them all I could do was throw Hyunjae into a hug. Wow I had hugged a lot of people today huh? That was lowkey kinda worrying.

I could tell he was confused by the fact he still hadn't hugged me back. I sighed and released him from the hug as Kiko walked around us just as confused as Hyunjae was but I continued to hold onto the kid's shoulders. "Hyunjae-ah, you know you can tell me anything right?" He had yet to respond until he suddenly sighed and looked down to his shoes.

"You found out huh?" I half-smiled and gently pulled his chin to look up at me. He initially avoided eye contact but then gave in. "Why didn't you tell me?" I made sure to speak with gentleness in my voice as I wanted him to know that I was in no way mad at him, only confused.

This seemed to work as he silently led me to the couch, allowing Mingyu to slip into the apartment unnoticed and make his way to the kitchen where he could hide as he played with Kiko until he was summoned.

"Noona. . . I figured that if you didn't know I was leaving you wouldn't stop me. I want to leave this place so fucking bad you don't even know. I have no friends, no parental figure, and well I see you like twice a year. I want to leave Noona." I immediately realized I was feeling exactly how Mingyu had felt earlier. I was proud of Hyunjae, undeniably.

"Hyunjae I am so proud of you." His eyes lit up and it was now that I profusely thanked Mingyu for showing me how powerful those words were. I even found myself unconsciously quoting him.

"Hyunjae as much as I am disappointed you didn't come to me, you remind me of myself. You bought yourself a plane ticket, planned this out, and you did it all on your own. I do have to admit I'm exceptionally proud." Hyunjae smiled, it was a real smile.

"So I can go?" I contemplated for a moment.

"Of course. Although just to make sure you're safe I'll have one of my friends and her husband who live in the UK pick you up and you can stay in their guest room. You're only 17 Hyunjae. And I'm assuming you haven't enrolled in school?" He shook his head. "I'll look into schools don't worry, but you better show me that it was worth it to let you go." Luckily for me Hyunjae seemed to see my point of view and nodded. I knew for a fact he didn't have the money to live in a hotel. Oh and of course he wasn't even old enough to book a room in the first place.

I wanted him to be independent but most importantly I wanted him to be safe. Plus, I knew my friends were barely at their apartment anyways because of their demanding job and love for traveling so Hyunjae wouldn't be a bother and just to be sure they were okay with it I had sent my friend a text on the way home. She was one of my best friends when I studied abroad in highschool and we kept light contact ever since eventually including her husband so she was more than on board when I explained everything to her. In fact, I hadn't even wanted to let Hyunjae go in the first place but she was the one who convinced me it was okay. I would be sure to thank her largely the next time I saw her. Who knew, maybe this could ignite our old close friendship.

"But of course, I will be visiting every month." Hyunjae's eyes widened.

"Every month? Do you even have the money and time to do that?" I flicked his forehead as the two of us chuckled.

"Maybe I'll tag along too."

I was about to continue the conversation until Mingyu suddenly came into view and Hyunjae snapped his head towards him. The way his eyes sparkled with both surprise and happiness made me smile. As much as I didn't want to warm up to Mingyu so soon, if Hyunjae liked him, I guess I could too.

Hyunjae stood up and ran towards Mingyu to be engulfed in a hug. "Hyung why are you here? Wait are you and Noona-"

"No!"

"No!"

Mingyu and I looked at each other in surprise but then turned to look at Hyunjae who had a smirk on his face. Oh yeah he definitely wouldn't let this go would he?

"Hyunjae. No." He finally turned back to look at me yet the smirk on his face failed to leave. "Fine then I guess I'll leave you two to. . .whatever. I gotta go back to packing!" And with an aegyo-like wave he had disappeared into a random room.

I took a sip from a random water bottle until I suddenly turned to find Mingyu right next to me. At first I had expected for him to tease me or something but instead his face turned serious. "Are you gonna be okay?" The question surprised me but I gave Mingyu a sad smile as he rested his arm on my shoulder.

"You know what. . .not at the moment but I think I will be. I can't trap the kid here when it clearly is tearing him down. So you know what? I'm just gonna let him go on his own. And of course having a friend there to provide a nice living area most definitely helps in knowing he isn't struggling with that. I just don't know how I'll tell my parents" Mingyu initially smiled towards me but then frowned in concern.

"I'm glad you're okay but hey if you ever need some company I'll be right here. . .of course I still have my job and my schedule is pretty tight sometimes but-" I stopped him by chuckling in his face until we started eventually laughing together. "Thank you Mingyu. As much as I don't like you. . .thank you."

He lightly laughed as he collected his keys that were placed on the counter before grabbing a hold of the door handle.

"See you soon!" I rolled my eyes the moment I noticed he was talking to the labradoodle in front me.

"Yeah okay gyu. . .stay safe I guess." And with another laugh from Mingyu, he was gone.

" And with another laugh from Mingyu, he was gone