𝙭𝙞.

A knock on the door broke me from my current work-mode

A knock on the door broke me from my current work-mode. Some part of me was frustrated to be interrupted as I knew that it would take a while to get back into my usual work flow, but that was also the reason I was thankful. If I wouldn't have been disrupted there was a chance I would overwork myself. As lazy as I am, I also somehow manage to part-time as a workaholic.

"Jiyeon-ssi?" the smiling face of Haerin was the first thing I saw as I looked up. Today she was sporting a more 'girl-boss' look with a suit jacket from a disgustingly expensive brand and some flared pants which she paired with a sleek ponytail, extremely tall pumps, and a perfect selection of jewelry. She was a walking kdrama ceo. Oh and of course her amazing visuals were the cherry on top.

In fact, I was so mesmerized that it took me a few seconds before nodding my head in expectance. It was precisely around noon and so I was understandably puzzled as to why she was here.

"I heard you wanted to talk to me?" I was still confused for a moment until I remembered that I had wanted to talk to her earlier upon arriving at HYBE but was told by a co-worker that Haerin was out doing something.

"Oh yes I did! Please have a seat." No I hadn't magically decorated my office overnight but there was a desk, desk chair, guest chair, and a lamp already placed in the room most likely from the previous occupant. In fact as I walked Haerin to a seat across from my desk I made a mental note to go out shopping for furniture later this week. And of course inviting Soonyoung was a given. He would probably invite himself even if I didn't ask him anyways.

"So?"

"Basically I wanted to ask you if I could take tomorrow off? I don't really have any major work and I have to pick up one of my friends from the airport. Of course I understand if you can't give me a FULL day-"

"Jiyeon-ssi!" Her face broke into a large smile and I had realized at that moment I was rambling. I wasn't quite sure when it had become a habit for me but it did and it's clearly something I need to fix.

We both lightly chuckled for a moment until I shyly rubbed my neck.

"It's okay, you can take the day off it's no problem." Her warm tone immediately made me break into a grin and I quickly bowed my head to thank her. Sure we were close in age but nonetheless Haerin held the most authority in the department and so all respect must be used when interacting with her. At least that's what I thought until Haerin immediately got up and waved her hands to me as if telling me to stop bowing. "Jiyeon, It's my pleasure okay? Just make sure you submit the concept ideas for seventeen's comeback before the meeting next Wednesday!" And with a wave goodbye I was left in the room alone.

Some part of me was shocked at her casual-ness, but at the same time it all made sense. It was no wonder the work environment was so comfortable and fun.

I quickly looked back at my iPad which contained all of the notes I had conjured up. Luckily enough I wasn't going into this blind and didn't have to present an idea which was the complete opposite of seventeen's preference during the concept meeting. Soonyoung had mentioned to me many times how the group wanted to go for a more mature/dark concept so my notes reflected that.