𝙭𝙭𝙭𝙞𝙫

The CEO of HYBE sighed as he paused to take in the words of the idols

"Are you sure you want to go down this path? Are you positively sure? You, Jiyeon, are a stylist, and Mingyu, you're an idol. The public will have a field day"

Before any of the seventeen members, sat on opposite sides of the long conference table, had a chance to intervene Mingyu took initiative. "Then let them have a field day. Respectfully sir Jiyeon and I can assure you that we're aware of the consequences but on the contrary. . .we're ready for it." A smile of pride grew on my face as I heard Mingyu stand up for us. After talking it over, we both knew that it would exhausting to not only endure the rumors on Mingyu's hand but also have to doge the public every time we wanted to do so much as take a stroll in the park.

My mind went to what Mingyu had said earlier,

"I'm in my eighth year of being an idol and not only has seventeen gained respectful fans but we have also earned our place in the industry. Me dating someone as gorgeous, thoughtful, and perfect as you cannot tarnish anything. And even if it does, I'm willing to risk it. So please. . .don't worry about me"

And goodness gracious did I hope he was speaking nothing but the truth. I on the other hand had been dodging the fact that I friends with Soonyoung and Kyungmin with anyone but them for years which had proved to be aggravatingly tiring. Plus, I was still allowed to keep my job at HYBE and sure I would get some looks, but what was a few looks compared to being able to go on dates and hangout with my boyfriend and best friends?

I too, was sure of Mingyu and I would be damned if I let some crazy people with no lives get in the way of it.

"And just to back him up. . ."At my words all eyes immidiately turned towards me.

"Not being able to even do so much as get lunch with my best friends and having to sneak around just to be able to see my boyfriend has been absolute hell. At this point, I have every reason on my own accord to risk it." I saw Soonyoung smile as I spoke and I knew I'd spoken well, especially when I felt Mingyu squeeze my hand. And no, it wasn't like I was petrified or anything but talking to one of the biggest CEO's in Korean media was more or less intimidating. I was quite literally shaking in my boots.

The next voice i heard was surprisingly Seungcheol's. "I can assure you that they really love each other and Jiyeon is a wonderful person sir. Speaking for the entirety of Seventeen, we completely support and are ready for the outcome of this decision whatever it may be. Each other's
happiness and well-being is always at the forefront, and if going public is what makes Mingyu happy, then I completely support it." Wow, leave it to Seungcheol to make an amazing statement. I even caught myself smiling warmly as he praised me; he was genuine and that's what I loved about his personality. I could see why his members respected him so much because honestly, I do too.

It was completely silent for a few moments as I saw the two staff members write a few notes down on their laptops. I turned to Soonyoung who was sat to my right and saw him looking at me. A small smile took place on his face but before any words could come out of my mouth I heard yet another sigh from the CEO.

"Very well then. The PR team will form a statement and we'll release it around 8am tomorrow. So please, refrain from doing anything until then." And with bows from us all the meeting was officially over along with the chilling tension.

We exited the modern conference room in age order and by the time we had come out smiles were on all of our faces. Of course Mingyu and I were the only ones smiling so hard our teeth could fall off, but from my peripheral vision I could see smiles of admiration on the rest of the members. Both me and Mingyu were struggling way too hard to like jump in each other's arms but luckily Seungcheol's damage control saved the day. "So. . .I'm assuming you won't be at the dorm tonight Mingyu?" A larger smile formed on the leader's face an embarrassed one on Mingyu's.

"I'm happy for you guys" His statement earned a few grunts of agreement from the members but all I could focus on was Soonyoung,

"Actually uh, Soonyoung, could we talk? I know for a fact we need to get a few things sorted out." I suddenly felt Mingyu's hand rubbing my back comfortingly.

"Sure. I'll catch up with you guys later" At Hosh's statement the rest of the Seventeen members had made their way to the elevators but Mingyu lingered around for a second, turning me around so my face met his. "I'll be in your apartment when you finish okay?" I could sense the jealousy in his tone but I could tell by the smile on his face he was trying to conceal it.

I leaned in and connected our lips briefly, enough to bring a genuine smile onto his face. "I got this okay?" And with a nod Mingyu had left the hallway, meaning Soonyoung and I were now left to fight the awkward tension.