Pregnant

Scarlett is sitting in the bathroom waiting for the timer to go off. She's nervous as her period is late so she has taken a pregnancy test. 

Her daughter Rose is playing downstairs while her husband Y/N is at work. Y/N and Scarlett met on the set of Avengers Age of Ultron when he joined the cast. 

After a few months of dating she introduced him to Rose and after two years together he proposed before they married a year later in 2018. 

Y/N has always loved Rose like his own daughter but has never been with someone long enough to discuss having kids and settling down, until he met Scarlett.

Although she knows Y/N does want kids, she is afraid to tell him because they didn't discuss having them so soon after getting married, the two have only been married for a year. 

The timer goes off as she shakily stands up turning over the test, positive. Tears of joy fall from her eyes, she's pregnant. 

A knock on the bathroom door breaks her from her thoughts as she opens it to see her daughter standing there.

"Why are you crying mommy?"

"I'm just very happy baby."

"Why?"

"Well because you're going to have a baby brother or sister soon."

Rose gasps before hugging her mom with a smile on her face. Scarlett kisses her daughter on the head.

"Do you wanna help me tell Y/N?"

"Yeah!"

She carries her daughter out of the bathroom and heads downstairs. She knows the perfect way to tell her husband that she's pregnant. 

Y/N wouldn't be home from a few more hours so that gives her and Rose time to put the plan into place. 

They head to Target to get everything they need before heading home and setting up the plan. Y/N would be home in an hour so they head into the living room to play while they wait. An hour later, Y/N walks into the house and closes the door behind him. 

"I'm home."

He takes off his shoes and puts down his briefcase before hanging up his coat. 

"We're in the living room honey."

Y/N walks into the living room kissing Rose on the head before sitting beside Scarlett and kissing her softly.

"How was work?"

"It was okay, bit boring. I'm up for a promotion though."

"That's good sweetie, I know you've been looking for one for awhile now."

"I have plus it'll be more money for me and my girls."

He puts his arm around Scarlett kissing her head as the two girls share a look. 

"How was your day baby girl?"

"Good, I got to play all day and mommy took me to Target."

"That sounds like so much fun."

Rose smiles at him which he returns as Scarlett leans her head on his shoulder.

"What about you my love?"

"We went to Target and I took a test."

He gets up heading towards the kitchen.

"A test? Is everything okay?"

"Yeah everything is fine."

Both Rose and Scarlett follow him into the kitchen standing in the doorway as he looks in the fridge taking out a bottle of water and drinking it. He looks in the bag taking out a t-shirt that says 'Hello Daddy'. 

"Babe who's pregnant?"

"Me."

Y/N chuckles thinking she's joking since he always wears a condom. 

"Good one babe but who really is?"

She puts her hand on his shoulder making him turn around looking at her. She hands him the test and he looks down at it. 

It takes his brain a few minutes to register what is happening before his eyes widen and he looks up at his wife.

"This is yours?"

"Yup."

"So we're?"

"Pregnant."

She watches him nervously before his face lights up with a smile as he begins to tear up. He pulls her into a hug which she returns. 

He pulls away kissing her softly before looking back down at the test and looking back at Scarlett as he chuckles.

"I'm gonna be a daddy."

"Yes you are."

He hugs her again excitedly before leaning into her ear.

"In more ways than one."

She chuckles smacking his chest before hugging him back.