The Trainer

Y/N L/N is one of the trainers of the Red Room, he is thirteen and has been fully trained since he was young reaching the strength of the fully grown trainers. He is currently training an eleven year old, Natalia Romanova. 

"You're slacking Romanova."

"Fuck you!"

He looks at her as she lays on the ground catching her breath once again after being defeated. He sighs to himself remembering what it was like to be in that situation.

"Come on up let's do it again."

She pushes herself up standing in front of him.

"Your form is wrong."

"No it's not."

"It is."

He walks over to her kicking her feet into the right stance and looking in her eyes as he moves her arms. 

He moves back into his position as they circle each other before she aims for his head in a punch. He side steps grabbing her arm and flipping her over his shoulder winding her again. 

"I'm never gonna get this and I'm gonna fail which means they will kill me."

"I won't let that happen."

She looks up at her trainer from when she was first brought here to when she came back after her mission in Ohio. Not once since they started training has he ever been remotely nice to her.

"What?"

"I won't let you die."

"Why? You hate me."

"No I don't."

"You've been nothing but mean to me since I started here. You've always been extremely hard on me."

"I'm hard on you so you can do well. I know what they're like, I know how tough they are, how they critique. I don't want you to go through what I did."

She looks at him, even though he slightly opened up his face remained neutral just like always as she looked into his eyes.

"What do they do?"

He sighs before pulling up his compression shirt showing the multiple scars around him as he turns to show his back.

She tears up as he pulls it back down, the fear of that happening to her growing exponentially as he turns to look at her.

"I'm scared Y/N."

"I won't let that happen."

He sighs walking to her wiping her tears away. 

"We're not meant to do this but come on I'll walk you through everything step by step."

He leads her to the middle of the room walking her through every step. Where causes the most pain in males and females, where each pressure point is and more through the night so she is ready for the test in a few days. 

A few days later and she finishes the test top of her group thanks to Y/N's lessons, she runs towards the workout room where the trainers go. 

She sees him alone as he does pullups, his back to the doorway. She walks in towards him before standing in front of him when he notices her.

"What are you doing here? This is for trainers only."

"I passed so I wanted to thank you."

He drops down walking close to her.

"Well I told you I wouldn't let anything bad happen to you."