Saviour in the Dark

Lizzie sits at her desk putting her make up on to cover the bruises her boyfriend gives her. She sighs, she has to be on set soon and she hopes her body can take it after the beating she just took. 

Her phone lights up with a message from her best friend, Y/N telling her that he is outside ready to take her to work since her car is in the shop.

Y/N and Lizzie met on the set of Avengers: Age of Ultron when he took her in and treated her like family right away while it took the others a few weeks to warm up to her. 

She gets her phone and charger before heading downstairs and rushing past the living room, out of the house and into the her best friend's car. Y/N raises his eyebrow at her. 

"You okay?"

"Can you drive please?"

He looks into her eyes before starting the drive to work glancing at Lizzie every now and again.

"Y/N stop looking at me."

"I'm worried about you Lizzie."

"I'm fine please stop."

He notices the lack of rings on her fingers, she must've forgot them in her rush to get out of the house. He puts his right hand on her knee and she looks up at him confused. 

"What are you doing Y/N?"

"You're clearly anxious and don't have your rings to play with to distract whatever is going on inside your head so play with mine."

She smiles at him taking his hand in hers and playing with the rings on his fingers as he drives them to work. When they arrive they both go their separate ways to their trailers. 

Later that day, Lizzie walks over to Y/N's trailer opening the door and walking in to see him putting on a hoodie. 

"Hey Liz."

She walks over to him wrapping her arms around him and resting her head on his chest. He wraps his arms around her and rubs her back before kissing her head.

"You okay?"

"Just tired."

"Well I just have to talk to Scarlett about something and then we can go okay?"

"Okay."

She untangles herself from him before following him out of his trailer and over to Scarlett's car where she is waiting for him. 

"Hey Scar."

"Hey Y/N, hey Lizzie."

"Hey Scar."

Y/N starts talking to Scarlett as Lizzie takes his hand playing with the rings on it while he focuses on the conversation.

After saying goodbye to Scarlett, the two friends head over to Y/N's car where he opens Lizzie's door for her and closing it once she is inside before getting in the driver's side.

When they arrive at her house, they share a hug before she heads inside and he drives off to head back to his own home. 

Lizzie walks inside, immediately regretting ever leaving Y/N's car as she is quickly grabbed by her boyfriend and dragged into the living room. 

"Where were you?"

"I had to wait for Y/N."

He hits her across the face as he holds her head. 

"Why?"

"He-he had to-"

He slaps her across the face again as tears fall from her eyes. Neither of them hear the door open.