Snap Proposal

Y/N is the boyfriend of Yelena Belova who he loves dearly. He plans on proposing to her tonight. He picked out the ring and has everything set up for the surprise. 

She walks in confused about why the lights are turned off as she pulls her gun out from her holster. She notices the bedroom light on and sneaks towards the room.

She opens the door to see Y/N on one knee holding a ring box as he smiles up at her with their dog Fanny holding flowers in her mouth. 

"You gonna shoot me love?"

She puts her gun away as Fanny walks up to her allowing her to take the flowers.

"You're an idiot."

"I could be your idiot forever if you make me the happiest idiot alive by marrying me."

She laughs at him walking over to him holding his chin as he smiles up at her. 

"Can you answer? My knee is getting sore and I really have to pee."

She throws her head back laughing before stopping as he looks at her fearfully his body turning to dust.

"Yelena...."

"Y/N!"

He clings to her as she kneels with him holding him.

"I love you."

His body turns to dust as she cries to herself.

"No. Y/N...."

~Five Years Later~

Y/N finds himself on the bedroom floor looking around confused. He walks through the house that looks abandoned. 

"Yelena?"

No response.

"Baby?"

No response.

He pulls his phone from his pocket and turns it on seeing the year 2023 at the end of the date.

"What?"

Has he been gone for five years?

"Where are you my love?"

He opens the find my phone seeing she is in New York.

"Now why are you in New York love?"

He books himself a flight to New York and after a few hours he arrives walking through the city tracking his girlfriend's phone.

He looks down into an ice rink seeing her about to kill some guy and girl. He quickly rushes down sliding on the ice.

"Yelena!"

They all turn to look at the man sliding towards him. Yelena starts to tear up.

"Y/N?"

He walks over to her pulling her into him as she clings tightly to him.

"You're back."

"Yes I'm back."

"I thought I lost you forever."

"No I'm here my love."

She cups his cheeks pulling him into a kiss which he returns pulling her in by her hips. The other two clear their throats making the couple look at them.

"Who are you?"

"Her boyfriend, who are you clowns?"

"Clint and that's Kate."

"Why are you trying to kill them babe?"

"He killed Nat."

"HE WHAT???"

Y/N glares at the man with a fire in his eyes.

"Let me explain."

Y/N nods holding his girlfriend kissing her head as Clint explains what really happened. The two leave holding hands after learning the truth.

"You know you never answered my question."

"That was five years ago."

"Well will you marry me?"

"I will always marry you, like a snap of my fingers."

He smiles happily stopping them and putting the ring on her finger.

"You brought it?"

"Of course, I had to get my girl so I could get my answer."

"How did you know I would say yes?"

"Because we always make snap decisions and you love me so you would always say yes to me."

"Oh yeah?"

"Yup."

He smiles smugly as they continue walking hand in hand.