A New World

Y/N Rogers, is the brother of Steve Rogers aka Captain America. Just like his brother, Y/N was given the serum and he became Lieutenant America. 

After fighting Hydra and losing Bucky both brothers ended up crashing a plane into the ice where they were found seventy years later. 

Y/N is struggling to get used to the new world unlike his brother who has his friend Sam to help him adjust. Y/N is walking around SHIELD HQ when he bumps into Natasha Romanoff.

"Sorry Nat."

"It's okay Y/N. What are you doing here?"

"Don't know got bored."

"Wanna go for a walk?"

"Sure why not."

The two walk out side by side and into the streets of Washington in silence. The two never spent time alone together so it is kind of awkward for them. 

"So how are you finding adjusting to the new world?"

"It's hard, Steve seems to be doing well but not me. I guess having someone to help is what makes the two of us so different."

He kicks his foot off the ground as Natasha watches him.

"You feel lonely?"

"Yeah. Steve and I were always close but not anymore. He spends all his time with Sam now he never has time for me."

They both sit down in the grass as he starts picking at the grass.

"That must be hard."

"It is, Steve wouldn't let me join the Avengers either says he doesn't want his little brother saving the world with him."

"What was it like growing up back then?"

"It was fun. It was always me, Steve and our friend Bucky till the end of the line. He always looked after us. Me and him really loved science while Steve just wanted to join the army. I did too but I was never as determined as Steve was. I think he hated that I was there too and that I got picked as well as him for the experiment. He always said I stole his spotlight."

"Seems like he was a shit brother."

"He wasn't always. When we were kids he always looked after me, played every game with me that I wanted to play. It all changed after Bucky tried to get in the army, Steve wanted in too."

"Do you ever regret joining the army?"

"Sometimes. I liked a girl back then her name was DeeAnna Moran, kind of looked like you if you were blonde but she wanted nothing to do with me after I joined the army and got all buff."

"Did you ever tell her?"

"No never felt like the right time and now it never will be."

She watches as he hangs his head with a sigh. She scoots closer to him tilting his head up to look at her.

"Maybe it's time you focus on the present."

He gazes into her eyes as she lets go of his chin. He starts to lean in, his lips ghosting hers.

"And how can I do that when I have no idea about anything?"

"I could help you?"

"Oh yeah?"

"Yeah."

"Well what should I know first then Ms. Romanoff?"

"Well Mr. Rogers, you should know how to kiss first."

He chuckles leaning in to kiss her softly which she returns holding his cheeks as he begins to move closer laying her back on the grass before pulling away.

"How was that?"

"Could be better we should practice more."

"Well practice does make perfect."

He smiles leaning down to kiss her softly holding himself up as he finally realises just how good the new world is gonna get.