Chapter 2

As Aiden groaned, trying to get up, he looked straight in the direction of his attacker and when he noticed it was Crimson, he was instantly terrified but chose not to back down despite the possibility of him breaking his neck.

As he got up from the floor, he kept his eyes on Crimson, who couldn't stop staring at Kaelyn.

"I did nothing wrong for you to attack me. I only wish to feed," said Aiden.

With a poker face, Crimson looked in Aiden's direction and tilted his head as he said, "If you want to feed, find another target."

Aiden's forehead creased. "I already found my meal so why should I find another? She's just like any other human out there. I want to taste that blood. You obviously smell it, too. Just look at it, waiting for me to have a taste."

"I said find another target," Crimson repeated, his tone calm but commanding.

Unable to control his desire to taste Kaelyn's blood, Aiden glanced at her, then Crimson as he calculated his moves. Then, he put on a sprint of speed with his abilities to get to Kaelyn, take her body and leave but right before he could lay a finger on her, Crimson swung his fist lightly and Aiden was sent flying outside the broken window.

Aiden landed face first and sat up to look at Crimson, who stood by the window and looked down at him. He then jumped from there and stood right in front of Aiden, towering over him with a stand of authority. "I already told you to find another target."

"What... what's wrong with you?" asked Aiden, crawling backwards. "We all know your type whenever you feed and she's definitely far from that."

"Must I repeat myself once more? You and everyone else should know better than to go against me."

"Don't tell me the scent of her blood has you so desperate for a taste that you're ready to feed on filth." He chuckled in an attempt to ease his fear of Crimson.

Finding no amusement in Aiden's words, he grabbed him by the collar, raised him off the ground, then spoke with a sinister gaze. "You forget that I can just slice her open and let her bleed out into anything I can get my hands on, then savor every drop of her blood. Now, get away from this building before I make sure you never hunt for another meal."

Taking Crimson's warning seriously, Aiden nodded several times even after Crimson dropped him to the ground. Terrified he might not see another night, he instantly took off, looking back a few times just to ensure he wasn't being followed.

When Crimson was alone, he ran his fingers through his hair as he looked up at the building and contemplated on going back inside or staying away from all that filth that came with the blood he so wished to taste.

In the end, he made his decision and took off, leaving Kaelyn behind.

Just when he was about to enter the woods, he stopped in his tracks, looking up at the sky and sighed in frustration.

I can't stop thinking about her. No, not her, but her blood. I went through all that trouble to get rid of Aiden. I might as well have her.

~

When he returned to the building, he found Kaelyn still in the same position and passed out, with every step he took to get closer, the desire to drain her blood grew stronger, but so did his disgust.

When he crouched down with his nose wrinkled, he found it ridiculous that he had gone to such lengths just to taste her.

When he looked at her forehead and grazed knee, the blood had already dried up and he couldn't imagine himself licking it off by sliding his tongue along her skin.