Chapter 19

When Patricia mentioned her daughter, Aveline and who she was to Crimson, Kaelyn was in so much shock that she moved closer and narrowed her eyes.

"Did I hear that correctly? Your daughter?"

"Yes and a week before you showed up was when she died," Patricia said, wiping her tears. "I'm such a horrible mother."

Though Kaelyn now had even more questions, she didn't have to ask because Patricia's purpose for coming there was to tell her everything.

She began by admitting that she was aware about the conditions that came with being in an intimate relationship with Crimson.

Before Aveline, there was another young lady with Crimson named Anabel and Patricia knew her. She was the one who told her about Crimson and bragged about how her life was going to change and she would become rich.

Patricia was so envious and determined to have money back then that a few weeks after Anabel told her, she approached Crimson herself.

Though he was intimidating, she mustered the courage to stand before him because she also wanted to experience such luxury. She told him that Aveline was a virgin and as her mother, she would let him have her if he would give her a job in his mansion.

Upon Patricia making that offer, he didn't hesitate at all and killed Anabel that same day.

Patricia then told Aveline about Crimson being a vampire and she had no problem because of the good life they were about to experience.

At the time, she felt no regret for making her daughter agree to all that because she just wanted that lifestyle.

As soon as they moved into his home, Patricia allowed everything to happen between the two of them so they could bond and she'd belong only to him.

But only a few days after moving in and seeing the luxury most people could only dream of, Aveline started demanding a lot of things and feeling very entitled in Crimson's mansion. She saw herself as being on the same level as him and he wasn't going to tolerate it.

One day, he killed her and showed Patricia her head. Though she was extremely disturbed, she was aware that such a day would come but Aveline was unaware about the master having the right to kill because she wouldn't have agreed to it.

After Aveline died, Patricia loved her monthly pay so much that she agreed to keep her mouth shut. She even continued to work for him.

With so many emotions running through Kaelyn at that moment, it was as if her mind wasn't presently there. She remembered what Demeena had said about Crimson having a lot of girls before her and actually getting to know about some of them made her uncomfortable.

She also felt shivers down her spine when she imagined Crimson actually holding Aveline's bloody head.

I've never been so scared.

It was only when Patricia spoke again that Kaelyn paid attention.

"Only a week after my daughter's death, I was shocked to see you. He was very quick to find a replacement and I hated you."

"Wait, that means what I saw in the mirror was real on that day. You were standing behind me and looking at me with so much hatred."

"Yes, I really hated you for taking my daughter's place. I knew she wouldn't have that position forever but it still hurt a lot to see someone else. The worst part was I had to serve you, my daughter's replacement."

Kaelyn's eyes then dropped to the earring as Patricia looked at it as well.

"I was still grieving," Patricia said. "That's why I put the earring in Crimson's bedroom to remind him that he took my daughter away from me. It made him so upset that he fired me and ordered me to never come back. I don't know how I suddenly had the courage to come here and warn you, but I felt that I just had to do it."