Chapter 21

Determined to find out what was inside that room no matter how dangerous it seemed to do so, Kaelyn rushed around the house in search of anything heavy enough to break down the door until she found something.

With heavy grunts, she began to hit against it, her heart already pounding hard in fear of what would happen to her if Crimson would show up and catch her in the act.

For a while, there seemed to be no progress no matter how hard she tried. But finally, there was a crack in the middle of the door and she focused on it, hitting it a few times more until she made enough room to fit.

Before even getting in, it was pitch black and she hoped she'd find the light switch soon enough.

Breathing hard, she got inside and was met with complete darkness but when her eyes adjusted, she could see the light switch thanks to the light from the outside.

After she quickly turned on the lights, she turned around to take in the view and noticed the gothic red and black colors from the walls, down to the floor. It was a spacious room and at first, it seemed ordinary but it all changed when she spotted several levels of shelves with well organized jewelry at the far end of the room and it made her scoff.

I can't believe this is what he was hiding from me.

As she approached the shelves, intense fear began creeping in when she realized that those shelves didn't just have ordinary jewelry. Each jewelry set was smeared in blood and had a unique card at the bottom. The numbers started from one and went all the way up to two hundred, each of the cards also having a unique name.

Clutching her chest, she looked at the names but knew none of them, but that was until she got to the last two, Anabel and Aveline.

She soon figured out that all those girls were dead and possibly owned the jewelry. If Crimson had killed Anabel and Aveline, then he killed the other one hundred and ninety eight girls.

Struggling to come to terms with it, she froze in place, unable to blink for a few seconds. Her knees then went numb from the disturbing discovery and she dropped to the floor, frantically looking around with her lip quivering.

Master's worse than I thought. How could he be so cruel?

As tears rushed down her cheeks, she realized she'd be in more trouble if he'd find her in that room.

Picking herself up from the floor, she left the room and cautiously looked around while wiping her tears, hoping he wasn't yet back so she wouldn't run into him.

With trembling hands, she rushed to the kitchen for the largest knife she could find so she could use it against Demeena. She was certain she would need it if she'd run into her or any other vampire who would try to harm her.

Finally ready to leave and never come back, she rushed to the front door, hoping she wouldn't find him standing on the other side.

The moment she held onto the doorknob, she heard footsteps approaching from outside, covering her mouth as she shuddered and took a few steps back.

Oh no... he's back!

Wondering what to do next, she flinched when someone banged on the door.

"Kaelyn? Please open up. It's me!"

She sighed with relief when she realized it was Arya, so she rushed back to the door while wiping her sweat and tears.

As soon as she opened the door, her eyes darted past Arya and Winn, trying to spot Crimson. She knew he was so fast that he could show up right there and kill her in a blink of an eye.