Chapter 15

Although Arya had expressed her disapproval of Kaelyn being with Crimson, not once did Kaelyn's mind get filled with doubts about her bond with him. It was then that Arya took it upon herself to explain further, hoping it would make a difference to her little sister.

"Dorian is my master and he's a very strong vampire, but still extremely weak when compared to Crimson. Did you see how he lifted him?" Arya placed the palms of her hands on her sister's face. "Crimson is the strongest vampire alive and he can hurt you in so many ways if he wants to."

"I don't think so." Kaelyn chuckled as she shook her head.  "I used to be scared of him in the beginning because of his fangs and eyes but he makes me feel comfortable now."

Arya scoffed as she pressed her hands on Kaelyn's cheeks harder with concern. "Are you telling me he's never hurt you before?"

It took a moment for Kaelyn to respond as she searched through her memories for any incident where she was hurt by Crimson, but when she found nothing, she confidently shook her head.

"He's never done such a thing."

"Really?" Arya furrowed her eyebrows.

"It sounds like you want me to tell you the opposite." Kaelyn chuckled. "I'd tell you if it was the case but it isn't."

Arya sighed. "It's just that I've heard so many stories about Crimson during the time I've been here and they're terrifying."

As soon as Arya mentioned that she had been in that castle for a while, Kaelyn couldn't help but ask about how long she had been there and what was going on between her and Winn.

When she learned that Arya had been with Dorian for a year, which was much longer than she had been with Crimson, she was so impressed that she hoped to achieve the same.

"I need to mention that Dorian rarely drinks my blood and when he does, it's just to torture Winn," Arya slouched, thinking about her misery.

"Why would he torture Winn?" Kaelyn asked.

For a few seconds, a smile was plastered on Arya's face. "Winn is the love of my life."

"Then why are you with Dorian?"

As Arya narrated how it had all started, with Winn taking her in after their house had burnt down and she thought no one survived that night, Kaelyn's heart sank.

After the two of them had fallen in love, at a time when Winn was still human, a blood thirsty vampire attacked Winn and he sacrificed himself for her, giving her the chance to escape.

Not long after she had left Winn behind with the vampire, she ran into more trouble that night with other vampires, but it was then that Dorian had come to her rescue and had  brought her to the castle. He had promised to protect her only if she agreed to belong to him.

With nothing and no one left, she had agreed to it but shortly after they had bonded, he made her life miserable and she regretted her decision to have him as her master.

"And then one day," Arya smiled once again, "Winn suddenly showed up here."

Kaelyn raised her eyebrows. "I thought you said he was dead."

"He showed up as a vampire and was ready to be a servant just so he could keep an eye on me. Dorian was aware of our past but he allowed it just to torture us. He knew that Winn would never try to take me away from him because of how weak he was."

It was then that Kaelyn remembered a moment which made her chuckle. "So that's what Winn meant when he said he wished to be someone's master."

"What?" Arya said a little too loudly, then covered her mouth for a few seconds. "When-when did he say that?" she asked after dropping her hand.