Chapter 28

The moment Alan returned outside, he reached his hand into the small bag he had come with, then sprinkled soul dust around everyone.

In a matter of seconds, the soul dust changed color but Alan only focused on one person after the results. A heavy black cloud of dust was all around Crimson and Alan remembered the first night he had come across such evil. He knew right away that it was him and Kaelyn in that isolated mansion.

"What was that?" Winn asked, not seeing anything different.

"Just something I had to check. You don't need to know." Alan replied.

He didn't even feel the need to warn Kaelyn about Crimson's extremely evil nature because he believed she could handle it.

When it was time to leave, Arya took the lead as she reached for Kaelyn's hand again. She didn't mind if her little sister didn't remember her.

Feeling more comfortable, Kaelyn held onto Arya's hand and they left first so they could talk.

Once it was just Alan, Winn and Crimson, Winn sighed while shaking his head.

"I can't believe you told Kaelyn you were her master."

Crimson scoffed. "Should I have just told her my name while you all had something else to add after your names?"

Alan, who had been silently observing Crimson's extremely dark energy all around him, finally decided to speak.

"How did she die?" he asked. "Did you have something to do with it?"

When Crimson said nothing, Alan was certain he had just gotten his answer, but he still needed to be sure.

"Do you have any idea what will happen to you when she remembers everything? How did she die?"

"That's none of your business," Crimson said, his tone harsh.

When he started to walk away, Winn was the only one left behind. He smiled at Alan as he thanked him.

During the walk, Arya explained to Kaelyn what it meant to have someone as a master, but didn't go into detail because she didn't want to confuse her.

Crimson had already decided that Kaelyn would stay in his mansion. He
wasn't even scared of the consequences later once she would regain her memory.

Apart from the two of them, no one else knew exactly how she died so he thought he was the key to bringing back her memory.

It greatly bothered him that she had forgotten someone as special as he was in her life. Because he had been able to read her mind, he even knew what would usually go through her mind when it came to him, but seeing her now so uninterested, he had a hard time accepting that situation.

Even if Demeena was still out there, Crimson refused to protect Arya and Winn because he owed them nothing.

When they arrived at Crimson's mansion, Arya still didn't let go of Kaelyn's hand.

Though she was hurt that Kaelyn didn't remember her, she was glad that she had forgotten Crimson, making him look insignificant.

After saying their goodbyes, it was time to leave. Arya and Winn had decided to return to Vance.

As Crimson closed the door, he smirked while still facing away from Kaelyn. He finally had her all to himself.

He sat next to her on the couch, his attraction towards her only getting stronger than it already was.

"You seriously don't remember me?" he asked, looking into her alluring eyes as he licked his lips.

"No," she said bluntly.