Chapter 29

After returning to the bedroom, Kaelyn cleaned herself up and got dressed, having no regrets about getting rid of Demeena.

Once she made her way down the stairs so she could leave, her eyes landed on Crimson, who was waiting for her in the living room.

As soon as she took her last step down the stairs, he rose to his feet and approached her.

"Don't you dare come any closer to me, please. I'm leaving now so don't follow me," she warned him, her voice laced with rage and pain.

Facing ahead, she walked past him to get to the door but just when she was about to open it, he dashed behind her and wrapped his arms around her body, leaving her frozen for a moment.

Before she could speak, he gently kissed her neck, then whispered.

"You always look gorgeous in this dress," he whispered. "Stay with me, My Pretty One."

His kisses were so sensual and she knew that he knew exactly how to make her surrender to him, but she was too hurt to do so. Composing herself with a deep exhale, she spoke firmly.

"Get your hands off me and don't ever call me that again. Focus on searching for your next slave."

"No, I refuse to let you go so stay with me," he whispered.

Irritated, she removed his hands from her with a grunt, then stepped away from him and towards the door.

"I'm going to find my sister and then I'll go back to Alan," she said.

"Why do you have to go back to him?" he asked, his tone harsh.

"Do you really think you have the right to get upset when you caused all this?" she scoffed, turning around to face him. "I'm going back to him because that's where I should be."

"Is that it? You'll be sleeping with him now?"

"Don't look for me."

"Answer the question. Don't avoid it."

"Because of you, I learned the hard way that anything is possible. It shouldn't even matter to you because you got rid of me. Goodbye."

Just when she turned around to leave, she stopped in her tracks once again when he spoke.

"It definitely shouldn't matter to me, but it does."

She lowered her head with her eyes shut to hold back her tears. She wanted to believe him, but she had already been toyed with enough.

Once she composed herself, she raised her head and looked over her shoulder.

"Get rid of Demeena's body when you can."

"Listen-"

Before he could say anything more, she was gone in a blink of an eye.

It took him a few seconds to process it and when he did, he hit the wall with his fist, creating a hole in it. He was frustrated that nothing seemed to convince her.

What he hated the most was how he wanted her more than ever before even if he had killed her.

~

Alan was on his bed, his mind racing with the moment he had looked into Kaelyn's seductive eyes before she had left with everyone, drawing him in even more.

When Grandfather returned home, after another trip to an old town, he noticed that Kaelyn was nowhere to be found.

Alan explained all that had happened and most of it was shocking to him. But he had hope that her memories would return.