Chapter 6

Winn stared at Kaelyn with raised eyebrows, while waiting for his question to be answered, but Crimson only focused on her as he clenched his fist with a glare.

"Get back inside," he said, his tone authoritative.

With only a hesitant nod, she held onto the doorknob and swiftly shut the door.

When she was out of sight, Crimson turned his glare to Winn. "What brings you to my house?"

Winn's shaky hands had completely stopped at the sight of Kaelyn and he stood more upright, looking up at Crimson. "I didn't get to introduce myself to that girl because she was standing far away, but she definitely called you Master."

"So what if that's the case?" Crimson tilted his head, taking a step forward.

"I.... I..." Winn stepped back, looking away from Crimson's glare.

"Whatever she calls me should be no concern of yours."

"I ... I agree with you." Winn clenched his fists, clearing his throat a few times while he faced the ground. "I actually brought a message from Demeena. She wishes to see you."

At the mention of Demeena's name, Crimson turned around to face the path that would lead him to his front door, then only spoke after he had taken a few steps.

"As usual, tell Demeena I'm not interested."

"But s-"

Before Winn could get to the end of his sentence, Crimson was out of sight.

Now alone, Winn crouched down with his hands on top of his head and eyes shut, whispering to himself that Demeena's orders were the law and having failed, he could only hope she wouldn't lose it.

He spent a few minutes in the same position, mustering the courage to appear before Demeena.

When he finally got up, he walked slower than a human, talking out loud to himself how he would explain himself to her.

~

Kaelyn was on her bed, rocking back and forth with her arms wrapped around herself and beads of sweat from her forehead almost running down the sides of her face.

When the door suddenly swung open until its edge hit the wall, she flinched and got up from the bed, running to the corner with trembling hands.

"M-Master..." she trailed off, her breath heavy.

As he approached in silence, she looked around, then made an attempt to run to the next corner, but he dashed in front of her and pinned her against the wall with his hand tightly wrapped around her wrist.

"You're hurting me," she hissed as she looked to the side.

"I thought I made it clear to you to not step outside," he said calmly.

"The door was open and- ahh!"

"And what?" he asked, squeezing tighter.

"I .... I couldn't help it. Forgive me."

"Should I take it that you'll be one to frequently break the rules?"

"No! I promise to never break the rules again." She cried.

"It better not, because....." He trailed off, holding onto her chin to make her look up and when she did, he only wiped her tears, then stepped away.

As he turned around, she massaged her wrist, then flinched when he faced her again and approached.

Frantically looking around, she took a few steps back with a quivering lip.

Suddenly, he darted across the room and had her against the wall. He then held onto the sides of her face and whispered, "Don't be afraid. I won't hurt you."