Chapter 27

During the rest of the walk back home, Kaelyn still couldn't understand why it was so satisfying to hurl someone she didn't even remember, but for the fact that she was attacked first, it was obviously with bad intentions.

Alan had suggested that they'd be home in only a second if he used magic but she preferred to walk there.

It wasn't because she just wanted to walk, but because she had picked up a certain scent from far away.

The man I kissed is following me.

Even when they arrived back home, she could still pick up his scent and she wondered if he'd show up at the doorstep.

~

When Crimson couldn't help it, despite doing his best to stop himself, he had decided to follow Kaelyn.

He was so drawn to her that he needed to know where she was going.

And when he found the isolated house in the woods, he knew he had just found her as well

But just then, he scoffed at himself in disbelief.

Why am I doing this? She's not mine anymore.

Without taking another step closer, he turned around and bolted away.

It was only when he was certain that he was far away from her, that he slowed down.

~

Demeena was still deep in the woods, right where she had landed when Kaelyn had hurled her.

She couldn't even get up because she couldn't make sense of how it had happened.

Kaelyn had always been the naive and scared human, but that was different from what she had just experienced and she felt humiliated by the sudden turn of events.

Am I missing something? I was no match for her.

As she continued to think about how humiliating it was, she picked up Crimson's scent and instantly rose to her feet to go to him.

She blocked his way along a narrow path, her lips curving into a maniacal smile as she attempted to hug him.

"Oh, darling, I'm so sad. I lost my brother."

Unfortunately for her, it was another moment of rejection when she was pushed away before her hands could touch him.

After she fell, she gritted her teeth as she looked up at him with a scoff.

"This is the second time I'm on the ground!" she yelled. "First, I wanted to kill Kaelyn but she just hurled me like I was nothing. On top of that, she didn't even know who I was. What happened to her?"

"I'm glad she did that to you," he said, looking down at her. "Don't ever mess with her again because she's not the same."

Before she could ask further questions, he was out of sight, leaving her even more confused.

After wandering the woods while trying to figure it all out, she suddenly stopped in her tracks with narrowed eyes. She was filled with rage when she picked up two familiar scents which infuriated her, but also made her cackle.

~

Winn and Arya were in the graveyard, right beside the spot Crimson had buried Kaelyn.

Despite the lurking danger, Arya had hoped that they would've found something there after giving it some time.

But since there was nothing, it was time to stop coming there. Even with that, she still had hope that she would find out what happened to her sister.

Just when Winn was about to bolt them away, Demeena dashed in front of them, her head tilted to the side with the intent to kill.