Chapter 25

Crimson came to the jewelry room and stared at the shelves, shaking his head at how Kaelyn had no jewelry to keep, only her expensive clothes.

He had never given her any jewelry, because she had never asked.

Placing a piece of fabric from the towel on the shelf, along with the card containing a number and her name, he took a step back at how it just didn't fit in with the rest.

But in the end, he had to keep a record of her, as one of the many girls who had fallen victim to his deception.

She's dead now. It's time to move on.

He also remembered he still had her old and worn out dress wrapped away. He thought back to how repulsed he was by her at the time, and how he came to discover what was underneath all her filth.

Closing the chapter of the time he had spent with her, he decided to leave that night and continue the search for the next one.

By the time Winn and Arya returned from the graveyard, he was already gone.

They couldn't wait to tell him what they had found.

~

After following Alan's voice, along with the scent that accompanied it, Kaelyn reached a house deep in the woods, nodding to herself that she was in the right place. The scent was stronger than ever, along with two others.

As she continued to take in the unfamiliar environment, a man suddenly emerged from the woods, covered her mouth and placed his blade on her throat.

She had already detected his scent a few seconds earlier but just hadn't reacted because she was unaware of what was to come.

But she furrowed her eyebrows at how she could hear his heartbeat.

The man had planned to break into the house and get his hands on whatever he could but while he had been hiding, he couldn't stop himself from lusting over her.

"You might be covered in dirt, but I've never seen someone so gorgeous."

The more he got excited, the more she could hear his fast heartbeat and the blood rushing through his veins. She couldn't explain it, but that excited her as well and before she knew it, her eyes turned red as she exposed her fangs. She was unable to control the changes.

When she couldn't help it, she suddenly turned around and attacked him, hungrily sinking her fangs into his flesh and he screamed at the top of his lungs. The taste of his blood made her moan in satisfaction, firmly holding him by the hair only with one hand. He was no match for her strength.

Once she was satisfied, she dropped the body to the ground, then wiped the blood off her mouth with the palm of her hand and licked it, and cleaned whatever was left on her lips by licking them.

~

Meanwhile, Alan had safely put back the book since his grandfather was asleep in the living room.

When he heard a deafening scream, which woke up his grandfather as well, they decided to check it out together but Alan took the lead to protect his grandfather.

After opening the front door, he stepped out first and his jaw dropped at the sight before him of a vampire drinking a man's blood and she was so aggressive with it.

He had never seen it happen from that close before.

When she seemed to lick off the rest of it while still facing the other side, his heart started racing and he feared he was next.

But when she suddenly turned around and stared right at him with her fangs and red eyes, he couldn't move.

In a blink of an eye, her features were humanlike again and she spoke to him.