Chapter 24

When Kaelyn's heart stopped beating, Crimson continued to hold her that close as he licked the blood that dripped down her neck.

Once he was certain there was satisfied, he dropped her body and  licked his lips as he looked down at her for a few seconds with a sigh.

As he brushed his fingers on her cheek, his eyes feasted on her voluptuous figure.

It then started to rain and that filled the silence as he kissed her forehead.

She always tasted and felt so good. I'll definitely miss drinking her blood.

As he started to put his clothes back on, he only glanced at himself when the clothes needed his attention. Other than that, his eyes were still on her as he thought about how she was naive until the very end.

After getting dressed, he brought her body closer to his seat, then leaned forward as he wondered if the next girl would be as good as her.

Once it stopped raining, he wrapped the towel around her, then took her back to his mansion.

He brought out the elegant red dress she wore on the night she gave herself to him for the first time and put it on her.

Even in death, you'll be beautiful.

Since it was raining outside again, he had to wait until it would stop so he could bury her.

When it finally stopped, he carried her in his arms like a bride, that being the last time he would ever be with her like that.

As he made his way through the woods, he didn't even rush. He wanted to take in those last few moments of her face. He glanced at her several times.

My Pretty One.

After finding a spot for her at the graveyard, he buried her, then held his head high with his hands behind his back as he said his last words to her grave.

"Too bad it needed to come to an end, but that's how it is," he said nonchalantly. "You were no longer of any use to me, because you only grew weaker. Always know this, you were so different from the rest of them, but I can't change who I am."

Taking a final look at her grave, he made his way back to his mansion piled up all the clothes he had ever bought for her, each of them elegant and expensive.

Time to find the next one.

Most of the time when he wasn't home, he had been in search of a new virgin to make his own, but he was yet to find one.

Now that Kaelyn was dead, he needed to intensify his search.

~

When Winn brought Arya back, it was already with the certainty that Vance's house was empty since it had now been over four hours.

Though he had compelled Arya and had felt awful about it, their date was lovely.

He now needed to set things right so he gently held onto the sides of her face and looked into her eyes.

Once she was fully herself again, she gasped.

"I haven't checked on my sister for a while now!"

When she attempted to rush to their bedroom, he held onto her wrist to stop her.

Though he was aware just how much the truth would upset her, she still needed to know.

When he told her, she burst into tears, scared for Kaelyn. But because she understood how things usually worked with bonds, she knew she couldn't stop Crimson and it was already too late.