Chapter 11

As Kaelyn thought about the fact that Crimson had the right to decide when she would die, she was so terrified that she took a few steps back and almost lost her balance but her back hit the wall.

"No, this can't be true," she said with wide eyes.

"So you really didn't know about this?" Winn asked, furrowing his eyebrows.

He then explained that once someone agrees to have a master, their life is no longer their own.

"If your master no longer wants you, he can kill you at any time," he said.

Thinking about her death, she was more terrified of Crimson.

"Oh no, I can hear your fast heartbeat," Winn said. "I should've kept my mouth shut. I should go now before he returns and finds out I'm the one who told you what you weren't supposed to know."

Even after he left, she just stood in the same spot and could feel her tears almost running down her cheeks.  She then slid down the wall while still outside and wrapped her arms around herself as she rocked back and forth to calm down.

Why didn't Master mention that part to me before I accepted? Does this mean my death is near? Will he really kill me?

~

After Winn made it back to the castle, he was about to report to Demeena but wasn't too happy about it because he enjoyed talking to Kaelyn, who seemed like a nice person but he needed to put Arya first.

"Kaelyn didn't know about the power Crimson has over her life until I mentioned it to her," he said with his head low.

Demeena turned around with a gasp and eyes wide with a smile. She walked down the stairs and continuously giggled to celebrate. Right after the lowest stair, she walked back and forth.

After confirming that Kaelyn was all alone, she smirked and was certain she would succeed in her plan. She only hoped Crimson wouldn't return any time soon.

~

Kaelyn was back inside and on the living room floor in distress.

With every passing minute, she felt that her death was closer.

Master lied to me. I'm in danger.

When the doorbell rang again. She  flinched then got up and assumed Winn had returned. She still had a lot to ask him.

When she rushed over to the door and opened it, there was no sign of Winn, instead, there was a seductive lady dressed in black, low cleavage, thigh high slit, black hair and red lips. She had never seen her before.

"Hello Kaelyn, I'm Demeena," she said in a friendly tone.

"How did you know my name?" Kaelyn asked as she held onto the door.

"Winn told me about you a few minutes ago."

"Winn?" Kaelyn's eyes widened. "You know him?"

"Yes, he told me you were terrified when he was leaving because of what  he revealed to you. Well, there's more."

Kaelyn's heart sank, feeling like it was the end. "What is it?"

"I can't tell you while I'm out here," Demeena whispered. "What if someone hears me?"

Kaelyn desperately opened the door. "Come in."

As soon as she closed the door, Demeena came closer and intertwined her fingers. "I came because I feel bad for you. So much was hidden from you. You're so innocent and don't deserve all this."

"Please just tell me." Kaelyn clenched her fists in anticipation about what she still didn't know.

"Tell me, what do you think about Crimson? Oh wait, your master, ugh!" Demeena rolled her eyes. "Do you think he's kind?"