Chapter 20

It had been a while since Kaelyn had even attempted to approach that  specific door because Crimson had compelled her to never go there, so seeing the sudden change in her actions, which went against what she was supposed to do, left him wondering why it no longer worked on her.

It also left him feeling insulted as the strongest vampire because no one had ever gone against his orders.

He was glad he got there before she could break down the door and even if she didn't see what was inside, he couldn't hide his fury, so much that he showed his fangs along with his demonic eyes.

As Kaelyn realized the full extent of his fury, her heart pounded hard in her chest and she took quick and short breaths as she got on her knees. She was certain he would punish her. She brought her hands together and looked up at him with her lower lip quivering.

"M-Master... I'm sorry. Please forgive me."

As he came closer, she burst into tears with her eyes shut. Having him that close without a single word from him left her trembling in fear. Her breath then hitched when he placed his hands on both of her shoulders and she thought he'd throw her against the wall.

"Get up," he said calmly, shocking her.

She even held her breath for a moment and opened her eyes, looking up at him with tears rushing down her cheeks.

To her surprise, he had put his fangs away and his eyes were back to normal, causing to wonder about the sudden change.

"Get up," he repeated himself calmly and helped her rise to her feet by gently holding onto her shoulders.

Seeing him calm again was so sudden that it terrified her even more because of how he had yelled and had turned demonic after stopping her from going into that room.

"What were you trying to do?" he asked, wiping her tears away.

"I'm sorry, Master," she said, keeping her head low to avoid eye contact. "It just really bothered me that this door was still locked and I was very curious."

He sighed. "If it's locked, it means whatever's inside is for me and no one else. I've always made it clear to you that you're free to go wherever you want, except this place. Isn't that enough for you?"

He was so calm that her body was tense and the beads of sweat on her forehead were almost running down her face. She even thought of the possibility that he might break her neck at that moment since he was that close.

Not wanting that to happen, she looked into his eyes and spoke with a tremble in her voice.

"I'm..... I'm sorry, Master. I won't do it again."

"You better not," he said calmly, but his tone and glare were threatening.

Still terrified, and even more at that moment, she gulped and looked away as she took a few steps back.

"I'm going out for now. I'll be back later," he said, then left immediately.

As soon as she was alone, she dropped to her knees and covered her mouth with trembling hands. It was so sudden of him to leave after what she had done.

What's going on?

~

Meanwhile, Dorian came to Demeena's bedroom and found her sitting on her bed, looking at the night sky through the open window. She seemed to be deep in thought but he didn't care. He needed to speak to her.

He sat beside her and stared at the night sky as well.

The two of them hadn't spoken to each other since the previous day when he had dragged her away after Crimson had suddenly left.