Chapter 13

As Kaelyn paced in the living room with her hands together, she couldn't stop thinking about Demeena and wondered why she had returned.

Should I tell Master? I don't want to lie to him.

The more she paced, the more she began to sweat. Everything was back to normal between her and Crimson and she didn't want to ruin it.

She then convinced herself to still tell him the truth when he would return.

As she made it up the stairs to go to her room, she missed a step when her foot didn't land firmly, making her hold onto the railing for support. For a moment, her vision was blurred but when it adjusted, making it up the stairs felt like a lot of work.

Why do I feel exhausted?

Slowly, she sat on the stairs and rested her head against the railing. With no idea what could be wrong, she thought she would sit there for a while until she would regain some energy.

Only a few minutes later, she felt a hand on her shoulder and when she looked up, she saw Crimson standing there. It was then that she reminded herself that he didn't always have to come through the front door, the windows also did the trick.

"Master, you're here," she said with an effort. "I don't know why but I'm exhausted."

Knowing he would take care of her, she closed her eyes with relief. When he carried her up the stairs as she wrapped her arms around his neck, she rested her head on his chest and felt she needed to tell him right away.

"Demeena came back."

"I know."

"I didn't open the door."

"I know."

"I need to...rest."

"I know."

~

When Crimson brought Kaelyn up to her bedroom and placed her on the bed, she gently groaned as she curled up.

He pushed her hair away from her face just so he could see her features and once again, he could tell what the problem was. She was so pale and it only seemed to get worse each time he would drink from her.

Despite knowing the truth, he had no plans of telling her but he wondered whether or not to give her a few days of rest before he would drink her blood again. Since he had never been a master to a girl as beautiful as Kaelyn, he wished to keep her much longer

He then thought about what Demeena had said regarding Kaelyn meeting the same fate as all the other girls he had been with and the more he stared at her on the bed, the more he convinced himself to hold on to someone as beautiful as she was.

For the next few days, he decided he would feed on others just so he could give her more time.

He kissed her forehead and whispered to her to rest as much as she needed to.

That same night, he left the mansion again and for the first time in a while, he went hunting for his meal and when he found a woman he could feed on, he compelled her to let him take her.

When he took her to one of the abandoned buildings he frequently went to, he sank his teeth into her flesh but as soon as he tasted her blood, he stopped, the taste nothing compared to Kaelyn's blood. He had become so addicted to it that he wanted nothing else.

As he looked at the blood dripping down the woman's neck, he thought that if he was to drink what was left of Kaelyn at that moment, he would only shorten his time with her.

Wanting to still have Kaelyn around, he convinced himself to drink from the woman so he did, just so he could feed but he was far from pleased.

After he dropped the woman's body to the floor, he wiped his mouth as he shook his head.