Chapter 31

As soon as Alan's blood dripped down his arm until it hit the floor, Kaelyn began to panic because of the growing temptation. She kept her eyes closed, telling herself to not face him and look. She feared that she would jump on him and suck his blood until he wouldn't have enough to stay alive for long.

However, the smell of his blood only got stronger, making it difficult for her to stick to her plan. She bit her lip, growing curious about it.

As it continued to drip, he just stood still and she knew that if he continued that way, he would bleed to death.

Even if she wanted to help, she couldn't. She feared that the first thing she would do would be to lick and suck it all.

Scared for him, she didn't know what to do.

Suddenly, Grandfather and Crimson appeared.

With panic, Grandfather immediately rushed to Alan.

"What are you doing?" Grandfather yelled at Alan, his heart breaking as he held him in his arms after he fell.

When Kaelyn opened her eyes, Crimson stood before her and it was still a little difficult for her to calm down. She hadn't even sensed his presence as soon as she should have.

The smell of Alan's blood was still so strong that she feared if she would look, she'd end up pushing Grandfather away and feed on Alan.

To avoid it, she dashed to another room without saying a word to Crimson, but he followed her.

When Grandfather was left alone with Alan, he gently touched his face, deeply broken to see him in such a state. Quickly, he stopped the bleeding, but he couldn't contain his emotions.

"What have you done to yourself?"

"Where's Kaelyn?" Alan asked, his eyes lifeless. "I want..... want Kaelyn. I need to satisfy her in any way I can."

Grandfather sighed, looking into Alan's lifeless eyes.

"Alan, you fool!" He cried, determined to make things right.

~

Alone with Crimson in the other room, Kaelyn had already begun to calm down, but was irritated by Crimson's presence.

"What are you doing here?" she asked.

"Did you see what you did to Alan?" he asked, pointing to the dining room.

"I didn't do anything." She shrugged.

"You're the reason he's like that. He's a slave, ready to do anything that'll please you. He's even ready to bleed to death just for you. You're dangerous. Your eyes are dangerous."

"But I didn't tell him to do any of that. Stop blaming me."

"You didn't have to tell him. It's all in your dangerous eyes. He dared to look into them a few times and just like that, you had him at your feet."

"Don't all vampires do that?"

"No and in your case, that happened as a consequence of how he brought you back."

"And where did you hear that?"

"From that old man."

"Are you saying it's really my fault that Alan's like that?" Her tone was laced with guilt.

"It's completely your fault. You just didn't realize what you were slowly making him do. Luckily for me, your eyes don't have such an effect on me. They can only seduce me."

Not wanting to bear the guilt of it all, because she cared too much about Alan to think she turned him into a slave, she changed the subject.

"I left Old Gravestone because of you so why did you follow me here?"